Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MileHighM3
    replied
    I should probably just get the book, otherwise i'll be hitting you up every time i want to do something.

Leave a comment:

• m3nally
    replied
    I bought a repair cd and printed the instrustions off it. If I can get a link I could email it to you if you want, or scan the photos and do it that way.

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• MileHighM3
    replied
    Do you have the link to the koala DYI?

Leave a comment:

• m3nally
    replied
    I only lost 1 LOL.

Leave a comment:

• e30m30
    replied
    And NOT loosing the screws in the process.

Leave a comment:

• m3nally
    replied
    I replaced the computer in mine last week using the koala instructions, they were great.

Those four screws are real fiddly, getting them back in is not that easy.

Leave a comment:

• F0Bman
    replied
    Thank you very much for the TIP

Leave a comment:

• Hank Cohn
    started a topic Computer [OBC] backlight fix

Computer [OBC] backlight fix

Tonight I set aside some time to repair my OBC display. It had the classic symptom of looking normal in direct sunlight but blank at any other time, especially so at night. There is a link to a DIY on Pelican if you search this forum.

It is VERY misleading in that it tells you , once the radio is removed, to pry the panel that locates the OBC, Radio, climate controls and other switches out.

There are two relatively small screws that hold the panel in place at the top. You have to remove the switches and blanks to access them. Also there are two screws that attach to the bottom of the panel that you have to find by feel and a “shorty” screw driver.

If you are doing this repair and using the Pelican DIY as a guide, add the above step to avoid breaking or damaging your panel or dash surround.

Hank
    Last edited by Jake; 06-16-2008, 01:55 AM. Reason: Changed text color (was black and unreadable)
Working...
X