Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

Last night, my car started making a ch-ch-ch-ch sort of sound while idling, there's a bit more vibration than there was previously, and my brake booster doesn't work (brake pedal is too firm and hard to push down.) Any thoughts? The car travelled from AZ to Pensacola, FL last week, and I havent had the time ormoney to buy a daily driver as of yet. Any thoughts? The car's pared at a friends house until I can figure it out.

Check the vacuum fitting that runs from the brake booster to the back of the intake plenum-the fitting at the plenum is known to come loose causing a vacuum leak. Could be a leak somewhere else, but I would bet this would be it.
    Eric Giles
    '07 X5 4.8i
    '01 325i
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
      Check the vacuum fitting that runs from the brake booster to the back of the intake plenum-the fitting at the plenum is known to come loose causing a vacuum leak. Could be a leak somewhere else, but I would bet this would be it.

Second that. Another way to check for vacuum leaks is to use a cigarette, incense or something and hold it close to the various vacuum lines and connections. If the smoke gets sucked in, you have a leak.

Comment

Originally posted by OnrailsM3 View Post
        Second that. Another way to check for vacuum leaks is to use a cigarette, incense or something and hold it close to the various vacuum lines and connections. If the smoke gets sucked in, you have a leak.
        Yea just make sure its not a petrol leak before you light up that Malboro!

Comment

Originally posted by wantanm3 View Post
          Yea just make sure its not a petrol leak before you light up that Malboro!
          Nah, it really takes alot to blow yourself up. It would stink like gasoline long before you lit up.

Comment

Working...
          X