Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ///Morris View Post
    Hey,

I definitely don't want to step on Lee's livelihood but if you can't find him, I can make your hats and brackets. I just finished putting 313mm Performance Friction rotors under stock 16" basketweaves. Yes with Wilwood SL6 calipers. Stops like crazy.... I'm very, very happy with the results.

Anyway, calipers and rotors came off ebay from NASCAR teams and then I made the rest in my shop. It came out to $800 for ebay parts, $180 for aluminum, $80 for custom Earl's brake lines and then just time to machine.

Look up Lee first but if you can't find him.....
    Do you have any pics of this?

Thanks,
    Mike

Comment

I have been running Lee's Massive setup for a while now and absolutely love it. The setup is a perfect fit, performance is excellent and life of the components is amazing.

Be patient with Lee. He has to be out on the road, at a track, or just tied up with work. I have been dealing with him for a couple years now and he ALWAYS responds and offers help and advice. The only time I don't immediately hear back from him is if he is traveling or away from a computer. But based on my personal experience with the setup and Lee's service, I could not recommend a better guy to deal with. Trust me, there is nothing like having a setup that has already been engineered and proven, all tied to a very reasonable parts replacement cost (compared to AP for example).

Email me directly if you have any specific questions and I will do my best to help.

Rob
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ///Morris View Post
        Any Wilwood kit would be a custom BBK. However, if you buy a Wilwood "kit" it will be a direct bolt up application. Take your rotors, calipers and brake lines off and replace with the kit.

Hope that made sense,
        YES ! I know that of course ! What I meant was if it would be a custom WORK ? Meaning, do I have to do some cutting and welding or such ?

BTW, I still couldn't find anywhere that sell willwood kit for our car ! Any links ?
        So far, I could only find Brembo kit from Turner for $1500, which is not too bad !
        Can,

'87 E30 M3 (Henna Restoration)
        '00 E36/8 Z3 M Coupé Turbo
        '11 E90 320d M Sport

Comment

From the first post in this thread:

Originally posted by Ted B View Post
          My first choice is Lee Vuong's "Massive Brakes" kits, but I'm not yet getting any response from Lee, so I have have to develop an alternate choice.
          http://www.massivebrakes.com
          sigpic
          Track Car Build | COM Sports Car Club

Comment

www.massivebrakes.com

This is off Lee Vuong's signature on here. If you search his name you find his is the BBK man. I've never worked with him but hope to some day!
            -Darren

Comment

We offer a big brake kit. Let me know if there is any reason it does not fit your needs, I really like feedback on products.

It's not very 'bling' or 'huge' that stops some people from looking at first, but it doesn't need to be to stop the car , plus its a lot lighter than OEM too.
              Last edited by [email protected]; 07-25-2008, 12:55 AM.
              Feel free to ask me any questions you have! Please email [email protected]
              VAC Motorsports :mario:
              (I don't check PMs often, please email)

Comment

Originally posted by CLUBBER View Post
                YES ! I know that of course ! What I meant was if it would be a custom WORK ? Meaning, do I have to do some cutting and welding or such ?

BTW, I still couldn't find anywhere that sell willwood kit for our car ! Any links ?
                So far, I could only find Brembo kit from Turner for $1500, which is not too bad !
                rant mode on

stop shouting! i.e. refrain from an exclamation mark at the end of every sentence, we hear you...

thanks

rant mode off

Lee's kit is very impressive and would be my first choice. From a technical point of view I would be very interested to see how the fitment under 16" basket weaves is achieved and how it looks (as in what it does to effective offset, scrub radius and steering kick back)

Comment

^^^ I meant no offense, it was just a way to express myself nothing more !
                  Can,

'87 E30 M3 (Henna Restoration)
                  '00 E36/8 Z3 M Coupé Turbo
                  '11 E90 320d M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by CLUBBER View Post
                    \

That's the same Brembo kit sold in a multitude of places. The only problem with it, is the disc is a very large one piece unit (one piece hat and disc) that is VERY heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan View Post
                      From the first post in this thread:

http://www.massivebrakes.com

Yes, I am aware of that. Sent email through that site initially, then sent a PM.

No response yet . . .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      We offer a big brake kit. Let me know if there is any reason it does not fit your needs, I really like feedback on products.

It's not very 'bling' or 'huge' that stops some people from looking at first, but it doesn't need to be to stop the car , plus its a lot lighter than OEM too.
                      Ok, but I'm a bit confused. If the rotor for the Brembo kit is a 1-piece, wouldn't that be quite heavy as Ironhead mentioned?

What size is the Wilwood kit? I presume it's somewhat small given that it fits a 15" wheel?

No rear brake options?
                      Last edited by Ted B; 07-25-2008, 02:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      2003 Mitsu EVO VIII - 2.0L / 600+whp
                      1988 BMW M3 turbo - Work in progress. . .
                      1986 SVO Mustang - Work in progress. . .

Comment

Lee has two Wilwood kits. One is a front only "rally" kit that will fit under some 15" wheels like the Kosei K1.

The second Wilwood kit is a front and rear "Race" kit, designed for 17" wheels.

There should be more details on his site.

- Brendan
                        Last edited by Brendan; 07-25-2008, 02:37 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Track Car Build | COM Sports Car Club

Comment

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111491

Thats my 318 in the thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X