Euro "Smiley" Ellipsoid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro "Smiley" Ellipsoid question

The attached photo is of left and right euro smiley ellipsoid assemblies. My question is whether the two low beam reflector housings look correct.

In addition to the slight color difference the passenger housing (on left) has a rectangular raised section at the bottom while the drivers side does not - seems the rectanglar raised section corresponds to the "smiley window of the reflector. Does someone know if the two housing should match or is this a correct pair. Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4705.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	845837

No they don't. Where are the mounting screws? Where did you get the lights from? Perhaps the lowbeams were swapped.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

I'm not clear about your answer. "No they don't" make a correct pair?

The mounting screws are not in place in this photo, but I'm more interested in the two housings and whether they appear to be passenger and drivers housings. If not, then my guess would be that the one on the right is the one that was swapped and incorrect for euro smileys, but perhaps both housings have been used for smileys - can someone confirm. Thanks....
      Last edited by TjcM3; 07-26-2008, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I can't tell from the angle of the picture. Looks like the lowbeams are swapped or one of them is rotated. Understand what I'm trying to say? Does the other lamp not have a rectangular section at all?

Mine are different (Bosch) but they do have an equivalent rectangular shape on the bottom.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

The one on the right is not "correct".

It has a projecter from a non-smiley light . It will work, but the light pattern my be slightly different.

Comment

This is what I was suspicious of - thanks.

Comment

Heres a snapshot of the back of my euro smileys for comparison. Bosch brand (YMMV if Hella).

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=IMG_1093.jpg
              91 E30 M3 DiamondS
              73 2002 Agave
              06 325Ci M Tech JetBlack

Comment

Working...
              X