My new Airbox filter (finally)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M3Driver View Post
    My bumper uses just the front two bolts so I can have it off in under a minute, not really a pain at all. I also didn't have to relocate the radiator, and my AC was already gone. I'm really happy with it but I can see why other setups may not work so well.
    Maybe in youuuuuuur case.....

I have the EVO undertray bolted on, all the fender liners, brake ducts,....etc. Pulling my front bumper is well and truly a pain in the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Matts M3 View Post
      Sounds like our engines are pretty close in spec, 2.5, schricks, massive porting, 49mm TB's, Spintech exhaust, the rest.

Matt
      Do you have any sound clips of the Spintech exhaust? How would you describe it? I've wondered how it would sound on a 4-cylinder application.

Sorry for the thread-jack. Please post any response in a new thread.
      Last edited by ColinM; 09-16-2008, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Yea I don't have any of that stuff mounted - my undertray is in the garage but its a pita to fit on my aftermarket bumper.

Comment

Ironhead is that hose flexible? I'm having trouble finding a 2 ply silicone 5" hose. I see the Samco wire reinforced but would rather do without the wire. You happen to remember your source?

Thanks
          -Darren

Comment

Gonna bump this up too as I'm looking for this exact tubing as I can't find the 121 ID tubing.

Aaron
            Last edited by Az in Oz; 05-05-2013, 04:40 PM.

"But most of all...
            ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

I didn't see the question back in Feb when it was asked.

I get a lot of inquires about that orange hose, so I'll do my best.... Yes, it is very flexible. Only 1/8" or so wall thickness. Like many of you, I felt the Samco hose was much too thick and rigid for the application.

Anyway, the hose is silicone, and it is a "charge air hose" for a diesel truck....like a Kenworth or whatever. It is 5" diameter. But, I don't remember where I got it. It was one of those late night internet searches, and I just found it and ordered it from some trucking supplier. IMHO it is perfect for the job....sturdy yet very light and flexible. If you google terms like "charge air hose" and "silicone" I would think you could track the same part down. It was fairly expensive....like $60 IIRC.

Sorry I don't remember the specifics further.
              Last edited by Ironhead; 05-05-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

You're a good man

"But most of all...
                ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

Try contacting this guy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1110584977...84.m1423.l2649

Steve
                  Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

I search for quite some time till I found something. This is 3 ply smooth silicone hose, it worked great and is very flexable.

http://www.turbohoses.com/Turbo%20Hose.htm
                    -Darren

Comment

Aaron,
                      The hose I was looking for was the 127mm ID hose Ironhead found not the 121mm hose.
                      -Darren

Comment

Thread revival time!

I believe the hose Ironhead is using came from here. It was also mentioned in post #15 of the thread "Samco Hose for CF airbox".

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                        I didn't see the question back in Feb when it was asked.

I get a lot of inquires about that orange hose, so I'll do my best.... Yes, it is very flexible. Only 1/8" or so wall thickness. Like many of you, I felt the Samco hose was much too thick and rigid for the application.

Anyway, the hose is silicone, and it is a "charge air hose" for a diesel truck....like a Kenworth or whatever. It is 5" diameter. But, I don't remember where I got it. It was one of those late night internet searches, and I just found it and ordered it from some trucking supplier. IMHO it is perfect for the job....sturdy yet very light and flexible. If you google terms like "charge air hose" and "silicone" I would think you could track the same part down. It was fairly expensive....like $60 IIRC.

Sorry I don't remember the specifics further.

Comment

Originally posted by indie_wannabe View Post
                          Thread revival time!

I believe the hose Ironhead is using came from here. It was also mentioned in post #15 of the thread "Samco Hose for CF airbox".

No, that is definitely different. I have some of that silicon air hose and it is much, much lighter weight than the hose I used on my car. That's not to say it wouldn't work though.

I stumbled upon this a while back:

http://www.hps-siliconehoses.com/5-i...rbo-127mm.html

This is very similar to the hose I used. The only difference I can see is that this hose has a shiny finish and mine is a dull matt finish. But I remember when I bought mine that it came with those metal rings on it to contain turbo pressure. I just took them off because my application obviously did not need them.

Comment

My mistake Ironhead. Sorry. Thanks for setting the record straight.

Comment

Working...
                            X