Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ S14 Needs Donations $$$ Happy 1st year Anniversary too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ S14 Needs Donations $$$ Happy 1st year Anniversary too!

Now that I have your attention.....

WE DO NOT NEED MONEY!, we need assistance in creaing technical, installation and maintenance procedural write-ups. It's time that we start adding to our only, the EVO ll chin install on the front page.

I know it's difficult to try and write or take pictures while intently working on the car. But I'm sure that all of us are willing to chip-in to dot the "i's" and cross the "t's." You write it and your name goes on it. Just like "Eric Nelson's Dyno runs."

We're in for a long winter.... Please try remember to write, snap and add to our content. If you need any graphical assistance, I'm always eager to help.

Again, no monetary donations are needed. Just trying to drum-up attention.....

Happy 1st Anniverary to s14.net.
    We continue to remain totally free without advertising banners or any form of sponsorship.

Members: 630

Threads: 3,254

Banned: ZERO

Closed threads: 2

Erased threads: 1

Moderated posts: 3

SPAM: ZERO

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Re: $$$ S14 Needs Donations $$$ Happy 1st year Anniversary too!

Originally posted by Magnus

Members: 630

Threads: 3,254

Banned: ZERO

Closed threads: 2

Erased threads: 1

Moderated posts: 3

SPAM: ZERO [/B]
    Having the best automotive discussion board on the web: Priceless

Thanks Magnus!!

Comment

Hey , I almost missed this thread up here ,the last time I looked it was something about a stolen car. The figures say it all really .In just one year S14.net has become the place on the net for E30 M3 owners everywhere , mainly due to the hard work of Magnus spending his time and money to run a site that we all benefit from. Well done that man.

This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

Cheers for all the hard work Magnus. This is probably the best BMW forum on the internet. I don't have to be a dick here!

Comment

I got a bunch of pics, I'll try and actually write about them and show some basic installs....

Euro E-Code headlamps from Sealed beam
          M-Coupe finned diff cover
          Euro trans swap
          MAXX A/N computer and intake
          E3 front splitter

What else?

Dave that was dirty with the money thing! You KNOW we are here if you need us!

Do not click
          At least it's German

Comment

Originally posted by EVOIIIM3
            that was dirty with the money thing!
            I'm a Dirty Whore-ruz. :rolling:

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

I'll be doing the Z3 1.9 Short Shifter install this week.. I'll make sure the digital camera is ready and will document the process.

Richie
              91 M3
              Richie
              In an Embassy Somewhere..

91 M3 - SOLD but not forgotten (to J.R. Nagy)
              03 Land Cruiser with the works
              06 Royal Enfield 350

Comment

i have some general e30 install writeups
                1995 //S6

Comment

I've gotta second all the praise for Magnus. It takes some honest devotion to put stuff like this together and we all appreciate it. Thanks buddy!

You can bet I'll be taking notes as I put my project together. Everything from the engine build to installing interior. It may be a while though....

Jake Larsen

Comment

Originally posted by EVOIIIM3
                    I got a bunch of pics, I'll try and actually write about them and show some basic installs....

Euro E-Code headlamps from Sealed beam
                    M-Coupe finned diff cover
                    Euro trans swap
                    MAXX A/N computer and intake
                    E3 front splitter

What else?

Dave that was dirty with the money thing! You KNOW we are here if you need us!
                    I'd be really interested in seeing the MAXX A/N computer and intake writeup. Hurry up now Mike!

"Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
                    original E30 M3ís main purpose in life was to
                    win races on the track, not the street. It
                    got the job done."

Comment

Many Cheers Magnus on an awesome site and forum. Easily *the* best of the E30 M3 community in one place.

As far as the write-ups, how basic do you want to go? Id say oil changes are a little useless, but what about M3 specific things like alt. bushings, subframe reinforcements, intake gaskets, etc?

Oh wait, Im sure all that stuff would be in the E30 M3 Repair CD-ROM....:rolleyes:
                      Bry

Comment

Of course I dream of major mechnical write-ups, but minor procedures are just as good. I can't tell you how many owners don't know how to correctly adjust an alternator. Every one that I touch has been wrong...

As for CD'S, not everyone has them, nor does everyone own a PC. The CD's also are very general and lack personal secrets on how to make the job go easier and cheaper. For instance Stan's fan removal tool, which was a $4-8 bicycle tool.

And again, THANK ALL OF YOU for making this site successful. S14.net was made for you........

Comment

EVOIIIM3....Your list is golden.

-Ara

DEATH TO GARAGE QUEENS

Comment

I think the little things (oil changes, brake pads, etc) are definately as important as the larger writ-ups, because at this point the smaller maintenance items are all i am cofortable doing (that will hopefully change with time). I could do a write-up on the harwired V1 if anyone wants it (pretty straight forward though)

Comment

Originally posted by Tambal
                              golden
                              You said "Golden!" You must be of the chosen people!

Comment

Working...
                              X