Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ S14 Needs Donations $$$ Happy 1st year Anniversary too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

assuming one were to do a write up of some sort,
    what is the best format?

you probably want to have pictures of certain size (or maximum
    size), already in html? or pdf? being a non-html kind
    of person (just as an example), one quickly runs into difficulties...

perhaps some of us need a write up on how to do this kind of
    stuff?

John

Comment

Write-up on a how to write-up....

I take anything! There's no need to code it or fiddle with photoshop. I can compose it for you and show it for proofing before it goes "live" so as to clean up any dyslexic mistakes I might make.

You can send them to magnus (at) s14.net

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

i will think of something to write up and contribute. where do we send it too?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
          You can send them to magnus (at) s14.net
          :rolleyes: :nahnah:

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Although I currently don't own an E30 M3 (hope to someday), I have found some very informative threads on this forum about these great cars.....which just makes me want one that much more! This is a great site and having some archived tech articles would make it that much better.

Everyone who contributes regularly are a good group of people

Keep up the excellent work Magnus!

Jon
            I will own an E30 M3....someday.

Comment

I think it might be a good idea to make a list of what people are writing up so that there two people dont write up the same thing, or people who are working on the same writeup can work together.

Comment

Thanks Jon325i,
                Welcome and thanks for joining!

Originally posted by CrazyDesi
                I think it might be a good idea to make a list of what people are writing up so that there two people dont write up the same thing, or people who are working on the same writeup can work together.
                So this means you'll be adding?

Comment

how to make the job go easier and cheaper. For instance Stan's fan removal tool, which was a $4-8 bicycle tool.
                  Hey I stole that tool from my roommate a long time ago, and have been using it ever since. It works well to remove your timing chain tensioner as well, if you bend it a little bit, it works really nicely.

I'll start taking pics and posting write-ups to the best of my ability when I'm doing stuff. I've got a good one coming up with the euro ellips. I know there is already a write up for this, but this is only for cars that have the ellipsoids to start with, there is no write up for the cars that started with sealed beams.

Dave

Comment

damn, I was going to send you a nice donation via PayPal ... oh well .... :nahnah:

hope to help out some day, still searching
                    A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

The greatest thing about this message board is themembers: there are no assholes that create flame wars...a very valuble and rare trait on in the automotive message board world of today! Also many people are truly knowledgable here and the ones that aren't don't pretend to be. The only other message board that comes close is unofficialbmw.com ... but that board is dead for anything besides e36. Makes me proud to be a member haha
                      "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Yeah Jon I agree, I also will one day own an E30 M3, but too everybody that has been informative thanks, and I would be great to get some tech articles cause when I get my M3 I will know exactly what too do.
                        Someday when im rich Ill import my very own E30 M3 to South Africa (never came to our country)

Comment

cheers to magnus/S14.net!

this place is the best thing to happen to the e30 m3 community since the SIG.

happy new years!

han
                          -Han

Comment

Good thing I paid yo uoff in stickers.....

Happy New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
                              So this means you'll be adding?
                              Well...I'm going to be doing an E30 M3 suspension/brake conversion to my car in the coming months (still in the parts gathering stage). A write up on that may prove to be a moot point here since the majority of you guys already have these parts on your car from the factory :p

Nevertheless, if I come across a bit of info that may prove to be of some value I will definately pass it along. Sometimes too much info. is a good thing.

Jon
                              I will own an E30 M3....someday.

Comment

What about some of the tips and tricks we all learned from being online and members of the SIG like unplugging the altitude sensor, overfilling the oil? These seem like basic items for some but for the noobs it would help.

These are tons of tech articles from "other" sources and I can rehash them, or just footnote the source. Is that something that would be ok?

I want to contribute but I know that so many of these "technical items" have been covered on Gustov's site.

http://e30m3performance.com

Comment

Working...
                                X