can someone tell what this might be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone tell what this might be

i bought the car back in march and just noticed this thing like a month ago its on the passenger side of the dash on top.its to big to be an aux input for an mp3 or something like that.

magic rabbit hole?

glory hole? Stick your finger in and see what happens :hee:

could be almost anything. could just be a hole to run a wire for a dash mounted radar detector or some sort of display....can you get under there and see where it leads or what its hooked up to?

Is it just a thru-hole or is it a port of some sort?

Comment

Power port? I don't think you be able to get around tracing the wires. Shouldn't be too difficult though.
      Terrance

Comment

auxilary input for the stereo (e.g. ipon/cd player?)
        1990 e30 m3

Comment

I will bet it is the flashing light for an alarm system. can't enlarge the picture, but it looks like it is the size the light needs to fit in the middle. probably put it there so it would be noticed.
          If you have to ask what it is or what it does, you don't need it, and you will need help to install it!

Comment

Originally posted by pmonsour View Post
            I will bet it is the flashing light for an alarm system. can't enlarge the picture, but it looks like it is the size the light needs to fit in the middle. probably put it there so it would be noticed.
            That was my first thought also. But it seems to be in the right place for a power/jack in port for a radar detector, GPS unit , an old Hands Free phone Mic or speaker out. Those are my guesses. -Patrick

Comment

i was thinking it might have been a lap counter or something like that to big to be a aux input for an ipod or something

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by pmonsour View Post
              thats what i was thinking too at first but those lights are usually much smaller than the hole.its about the size of a headphone jack on a home stero.im gonna get in there and see if there are wires coming from it
              Last edited by jei2574m3; 09-13-2008, 07:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Electric Guitar AMP Cord plug so you can bring it in front of the ladies.

Originally posted by drinaldis
                I dated a girl who used to do the reverse grind. I kinda liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah View Post
                  Electric Guitar AMP Cord plug so you can bring it in front of the ladies.
                  haha...you know the size is right

Comment

Working...
                  X