Identifying EVO2 cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying EVO2 cams

Need help identifying EVO2 264deg intake cam. I there any way to know if the the cams are of the EVO2 intake side? Its almost impossible to tell just by looking at the lobes, I guess there should be somekind of marker stamped, hope someone knowledgable can give me info on this...thanks!!!

there should be different numbers stamped on the cams themselves. there should also be some numbers stamped on the numbers that would face/mate with the stock cam sprocket. I should dig up a picture of my EVO III cam as it had different stampings from my stock 248 cams. With that said, you can measure the lobe and get a good idea.

Comment

Here's a shot of my cams..
      EVO II top and EVO III bottom
      EVOII and III Center Markings
      End Markings:
      EVOII
      EVOII-264 End Markings
      EVOIII
      EVOIII-272 End Markings
      Stock US-246
      STOCKUS-246 Center Markings
      StockUS-246 End Markings
      Interesting Note: The EVOIII lobe has a chamfered edge around the complete lobe profile. While none of the other BMW factory cams have this design. I wonder if anyone has noticed this?
      Photobucket
      Last edited by m3pat2; 09-21-2008, 01:37 PM.
      Pat

Comment

Nice pics, Pat. I remember somebody posted a bit about the chamfered edges on the Evo3 cam. It might've been Jake?

Comment

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

IIRC only the numbers on the flanges are what is important.
            The 4 digit number on the shaft is only the casting date/batch number

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

Thanks for the info Uwe. I wasn't sure so I took shots of everything. My camera sucks for closeups, so I apologize for the blurry pics.
              Pat

Comment

Working...
              X