No announcement yet.

Are you unhappy with the e30 m3 power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you unhappy with the e30 m3 power?

Im looking at a couple of cars and was wondering if the power was going to be enough coming from a faster car to a e30 m3. Has anyone else had this problem? Im not looking for a streetlight racer and I know this car was made for twistys as is mine now , just wondering if I will be disapointed?

TIA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni6ZR18MXQ4
    Vid of the car
    SC323ci topaz FOR SALE, FOR SALE, FOR SALE
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1226604

AW e46 M3
    ML320

c'mon man...

Comment

Im not trying to start anything just looking for a little help with a decision, believe me I love the e30 have since the first time I saw it when I was in hgh school and they came out. It was the car that really got me into bmw's just looking for some real people opinions.
      Vid of the car

AW e46 M3
      ML320

Comment

You probably wont like it at all it you're asking the question.

Power is terrible for daily driving/streetlight racing.

You're coming from a e46 supercharged 323...so again I'd say probably not.

Comment

Don't buy this car for speed, you will be disappointed. I would even go as far as saying that modern BMWs may in fact corner better than the stock e30 m3 because of advances in the suspension design even though they are heavier. This car is an icon and is very enjoyable to drive.

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

I don't want to rain on the e30, but it sucks as a daily driver compared to newer m3s. but get this car in the twisties and away from the straights and it all comes together.
            i just drove a 98 m3 last night, Man how smooth that s52 feels compared to the s14. would i trade up to the newer gen? answer is no, because its not my daily driver.
            What i am trying to say is its all on preference, and its fun to wind out the s14 and not break the speed limit.
            just my 2 cents,
            Anthony Hong.

Comment

I had a '98 M3 Sedan which was a great daily driver. I almost sold my baby... After not really driving her for about a year I gave her some attention and put her back into service. I enjoy every moment I get to drive her.

When I was first introduced to the e30 m3 in the early '90s... My first time driving one, I always thought they did not have enough power to make them "fun". After having driven more cars that I can remember some approaching 500hp mostly German and I ended up purchasing my baby. Once I had a chance to drive her on the track I really understood why she was so great. There is a balance in her that is hard to match... For me straight lines are boring. She does her best work carrying some speed through the twisties.

just my .02

Comment

The car wont be my daily just a weekend car But I will be getting rid of alll my other cars and this will be my only fun car.

And thank you for all the opinions and not a bunch of me bashing for asking this question.
                Vid of the car

AW e46 M3
                ML320

Comment

Originally posted by e popa View Post
                  The car wont be my daily just a weekend car But I will be getting rid of alll my other cars and this will be my only fun car.

And thank you for all the opinions and not a bunch of me bashing for asking this question.
                  Get a ride or better yet, drive a E30 M3 and you'll know what its all about. Daily Driving it is kinda boring, but get it in some twisties and you're in for a treat!

1991 M3 - SOLD | 1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

I'd say get a ride as a passenger with somebody who knows how drive that car (on a track obviously). Suddenly, you'll realize that while the motor only has 200hp, the chassis itself hides another 200hp... The e30 M3 will make mincemeat from most (even prepared) e36 M3 and e46 M3 in twisties and corners...

Very often at track events, drivers not familiar with BMWs come to me after a session and look at the engine, very confused, thinking I was passing them with 400hp. Nop. Just 200...

As far as using the car as a daily driver, it is quite exciting to drive a racecar to work every morning. Kinda put a smile on my face and makes life more bearable. Aren't e30 M3s racecars tone down for the street?

Lee
                    Last edited by LeeVuong; 09-25-2008, 05:00 AM.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                    1989 M3 racecar
                    e39 Touring

Comment

What are the other cars, other then the E30 M3, that you're looking at? Maybe we can help you out on your final choice.

Dan
                      Dan

12/87 Zinnoberrot
                      3/87 Henna

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
                        The e30 M3 will make mincemeat from most (even prepared) e36 M3 and e46 M3 in twisties and corners...
                        I dont know about that one :nope:

Comment

I have a second car so I don't have to drive the E30 every day. However, driving it to work is great. I ABSOLUTELY love the sound from the airbox as I rev that motor up. It's sooo damn intoxicating

My friends say that I am the only person they know that speeds up when going into turns or at off ramps.

You will def want to go for a ride with someone who drives the car properly. My wife drove it "once" and didn't let the rpms go past 3k. I was so disapointed. The car doesn't even sound right when driven at such low rpm.

I've driven many cars with much more horsepower, but the feeling that the E30 M3 gives is amazing. A feeling like I'm driving a true race car.

Good luck on your search!
                          Joey
                          Last edited by e30m3power; 09-25-2008, 05:09 AM.
                          http://JoeysM3.com

Comment

The e30 m3 isn't for everyone. Get an e36 m3 if you want power... It's a much better DD and far easier to live with in traffic anyway. I would hate my e30 m3 if I had to drive it in traffic every day.

Used in small doses at the right time when you are in the right mood, it can be a potent drug! Only more addictive and legal to posses! Some of it's uses may not be fully legal though...

Comment

It's as simple as this........this topic is covered on thousands of pages here. Second, if you love to drive and know how to drive, the e30 M3 is one of the best cars in the world for the price. Fun to drive would be an understatement...

If you want a powerful, heavier car, the e30 M is not for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X