A/C O-Ring Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C O-Ring Question

I bought a new A/C suction hose, the one that connects to the compressor on one end and a connecting hose just under the rear hood latch on the other, near the evaporator as my original hose was leaking.

I have never opened an A/C system before and assumed that as there were no other parts listed; the hose would come with some O-rings. Mine didnít. Is that normal? If not where do you get the proper O-rings that are compatible with R134a?

Iíve had the R12 that was left in the system recovered so I wonít be venting any harmful gasses to the atmosphere. I also bought the R134a conversion kit from BMW. It comes with a new receiver/dryer, pressure switch and O-rings for the connections to the receiver.

Thanks in advance,
    Hank

What's the part number of the conversion kit? I also need to swap mine from R12 to R134A.

Comment

Toast,

I bought 82319067394. I'm not sure that the kit is necessary if you or your shop can pull a vacuum on the system for an extended period of time like a day or more.

There is a lot to read about this but a lot of guys have successfully done the conversion by recovering whatever is currently in the system, removing and draining all old oil out of the compressor, replacing any o-rings that were part of the compressor removal process and, once a vacuum was pulled for several hours, recharging with 134a.

Hank

Comment

Working...
      X