Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of quick questions re Wheel Lugs & Rear Emblem Placement

Gruppe:

I know these are probably newbie questions, but I'm learning (and search does not work on my office computer for some reason):

1. What is the stock wheel lug nut size? 17mm? 19mm?

2. I notice the placement of the ///M3 logo on the "boot" lid is all over the place when viewing pics of cars. Obviously, during repaints, body shops ignore the correct placement of these emblems. Somewhere I have the specified dimensions (in my Blue E30 factory manual most likely - but I have it loaned out at the moment). Just wondering what an "original" placement on the rear ///M3 emblem looks like....any pics?

3. Is the rear towing eye (i.e. hook) welded on or bolted? What is needed to install a hook that is missing?

Thanks for your help!

John

I can only answer #1 and on my car it's 17mm.

go to www.realoem.com to find out about #3, there might be a diagram to help you there.

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post
      Gruppe:

...Obviously, during repaints, body shops ignore the correct placement of these emblems.
      If this is the case...it's time for a new body shop. Better to leave the car unbadged than to have improper location and/or alignment.

Comment

I agree, but take a look at pics of owner's on this board even. I've seen them slightly crooked, a space between the "m" and ther "3" - which is "not" original spec. too high, too low.

I'd like to see a pic of an "original" factory placement (no repaint), as a comparison. It's a minor detail that I am seeing much overlooked on the cars I've looked at (for purchase).

Originally posted by ///Mflossin View Post
        If this is the case...it's time for a new body shop. Better to leave the car unbadged than to have improper location and/or alignment.

Comment

rear badge placement
          http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...5&pagenumber=2

Comment

Working...
          X