Brake cooling ducting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake cooling ducting help

The fact is that I am very happy with my recently installed EvoII front spoiler, brake cooling air inlets and brake backing plates.

But the problem is that I installed 3in ducts between them but wheels can hardly turn the wheels. I noticed that immediatelly but decided to leave the ducts anyway thinking that in normal driving there will be no problem and I ended up with destroyed ducts. I am sure this is not a new problem so I will appreciatte some help. Thanks/...
    1987 E30 M3
    1992 E36 325i (race car)
    1983 E24 635csi (for restoration)

Do you have any pictures of your installation? Do you still have the plastic undertray and if so where did you cut the hole for the duct? I suspect you have the duct going straight from the inlet to the backing plate. You need to route the duct to the side of the wheel then a 90 degree bend perpendicular into the backing plate. Wish I had a picture of my own to explain this better.

Comment

Will try to take a picture, but to answer your question I have an Evo2 plastic undertray with holes on the front inner side of either weel. These holes are the original ones were the Evo2 air ducts coming from the air intakes end.
      1987 E30 M3
      1992 E36 325i (race car)

Comment

On the EvoII, the hoses are supposed to end at the plastic undertray, just blowing air into the wheel well. You're not meant to connect the hoses to backing plates...
        Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

I now that, but I wanted, even it may not be totally necessary, to connect the hoses to backing plates. Which is the hoses setup for track cars with cooling ducts connected to backing plates?
          1987 E30 M3
          1992 E36 325i (race car)

Comment

Working...
          X