timing chain rail (large)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timing chain rail (large)

does anybody in this country know where to buy this part (11 31 1 308 639) for less than a gazillion dollars? the lowest quote i got was from dave @ aardvarc racing (greatest guys in the universe!!!) and that was for $395! is this what i should come to expect? there's no way i'm putting a used one in my s14!!!!

please any help would be appreciated!!!

hendi

I dont think there is anyway around this....everyone seems to complain about the price of this part.

I'm still waiting on someone to make an aftermarket piece. Is it that difficult to do? Anyone?

Comment

$336.50 from Tischer BMW - www.getBMWparts.com Online sales only, but good prices with good service.

Comment

Originally posted by ADA///M View Post
        I dont think there is anyway around this....everyone seems to complain about the price of this part.

I'm still waiting on someone to make an aftermarket piece. Is it that difficult to do? Anyone?
        I have been told that Toyota have a similar design in one of their '80s vintage four bangers. I have not checked, but it was claimed that they don't have the crumbly nylon layer on theirs.
        I'm holding on to my old ones , in case someone discovers a new tough coating.

m

Comment

If someone is willing to get me a new one that I can get the dimensions off and get a good friend of mine (plastics guru) to manufacture them here. I can get a price anyway.
          Az

"But most of all...
          ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

I'll sell it to you for the $336.5 + shipping from 93650 if you want a new one from BMW. No tax since you out of state.

Originally posted by drinaldis
            I dated a girl who used to do the reverse grind. I kinda liked it.

Comment

I've done a lot of research on trying to rebuild these things, but the suitable thermoplastic to do the job are not cheap and the process requires a type of mold... Under the circumstances Jr is the way to go
              Rich!

Comment

Working...
              X