which sways to get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which sways to get?

I have about $300. Which ones should I get? I plan on getting the reinforcements too.

For the price, you really can't go wrong with Suspension Techniques 22mm/19mm swaybars. The rear is only 2 way adjustable but unless you're picky about your suspension setup, it's not a big deal. Racing Dynamics and Eibach make a nice quality 22mm/16mm swaybar set but they are pricey. I believe the front is 3 way adjustable and the rear is 4 way. Ireland Engineering 25mm/22mm swaybars are the largest (too big in my opinion) available out there for the E30 and is also among the most expensive. The front is 3 way adjustable and the rear is slider adjustable.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Don't wast your money with sway bars! I'm thinking of going back to stock ones. Set up the car and if you need them get them. It should be the LAST thing you do. Sways make it hard to suspension load in a turn, they also puck up the inside tires.

Mine are set FULL soft right now, and when I'm comming out of a drive way, I'm up on 2 whees! the car becomes a teater totter.

Do not click
      At least it's German

Comment

Mike, what if I can't afford $2,000 in coil overs though?

Comment

Originally posted by Cone
          Mike, what if I can't afford $2,000 in coil overs though?
          Mine cost me $1300 for everything!!! They even dyon tuned the Koni's to my spring rates.

Then you can sell your setup now for $500, it's not all that bad!

I;m just saying it is money that you should spend else where! You will not really get any perforamce gain out of it.

Do not click
          At least it's German

Comment

Well, how about trading with me? I'll give you my stock sways and some $$ and I'll take yours?

Comment

I would have to say Racing Dynamics are the best...3 way adjustable front and back...I think they retail at 349....check Racing Dynamics Web Site
              www.apexengineering.com
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/SDPE/159372350800930

Comment

Working...
              X