Whatever happened to M3Pilot/Martin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to M3Pilot/Martin?

Ever since I was going to Europe in 2006 for the World Cup, I tried getting in contact with Martin since he was one of the first friends in Europe I made through the forum community and became quite good friends. I just havent seen him around. He was one of the first one of us to get a Sport Evo, and I wanted to kill him for it, haha.

Mariano

haven't seen him on any of the UK boeards either. He is a very nice guy and a good machinist!

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

I'm still here, just have very little spare time these days to post, what with a young family and several business interests, but I still check the boards now and again.

And my car is in the Nov issue of BMWCAR mag if anyone want to check it out, it's on the front cover too
      "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

Comment

Nice Car M3 Pilot! I was at the Hong Kong Airport a few weeks ago and saw it on the newstands... Had to get my hands on a copy because it is very difficult to get here in The Philippines.. It's nice to know a fellow forum member owns the beauty. Congratulations! Cheers! :-)
        Fritz

1987 Hennarot E30 M3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2WsYARLD1Y

Comment

Originally posted by M3Pilot View Post
          I'm still here, just have very little spare time these days to post, what with a young family and several business interests, but I still check the boards now and again.

And my car is in the Nov issue of BMWCAR mag if anyone want to check it out, it's on the front cover too
          I subscribe to BMWCar so Ill have it soon. I also just had a little baby girl, I made a thread about it. I just wanted to know you were ok man. God to hear from you!

Mariano

Comment

"Buckets"- Glad you still have your first love.

Cheers,

Dave
            E30 M3 for the Road
            & one for the Track &
            a S14 2002 for fun

Comment

Damn it Martin! I missed the issue, is ANY chance you could send me a copy? I'd obviously pay for all expenses.

I collect all the stuff published about our cars that I can get my hands on and I can't miss this one!

Comment

Another BMW magazine to get the figures all wrong,

"How Many? 976, (50 RHD)" :err:

"668 Jet black models (the other 308 were finished in brilliant Red......)" :err: :err: :err:
                Last edited by Sporty1; 11-20-2008, 03:07 AM.

Schwarz 1990 Sport Evolution

Comment

Congrats!! long time no talk!

Do not click
                  At least it's German

Comment

Martin - Hows life man? You DO reember me right?

Mariano

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                      Martin - Hows life man? You DO reember me right?

Mariano
                      Yeah vaguely, your that guy who supports that average football team:burn:

How are you my friend. And congrats on becoming a dad, it's awesome!

Hi Dave good to hear from you too. I will have to try and bring the car to a trackday next year. Hopefully I can find the time and funds.

It good to hear from all the old faces and see you guys are still about. As I said I have very little spare time these days having two jobs really and trying to spend some time with my son who is awesome ,but very time consuming. But I love him to bits.
                      still have the car and enjoy driving it so much. I'll have to try and post some more pics from the photo shoot for you guys to enjoy. I've got a lot of good moving shots and some static shot.
                      I take it that it has hit the US by now. But if you read the article they totally screwed up the production figures and used the paint codes. I did tell them but it was in print at that point.
                      But it was a good day, I went out in the CSL and the M5. Funny thing was my car was at least as noisy as the CSL which turned a few heads. They certainly didn't expect an 18 year old M3 to be as quick or noisy. God I love my CF airbox
                      Last edited by M3Pilot; 11-23-2008, 09:34 AM.
                      "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

Comment

Originally posted by Sporty1 View Post
                        Another BMW magazine to get the figures all wrong,

"How Many? 976, (50 RHD)" :err:

"668 Jet black models (the other 308 were finished in brilliant Red......)" :err: :err: :err:
                        That's funny! 668 is the BMW paint code for Jet Black and 308 is the code for brilliant red. Looks like they saw the numbers and ran with them.
                        Last edited by Thor; 11-23-2008, 10:49 AM.
                        1987 Euro M3, Jet Black
                        "BMW M cars: technically advanced, beautifully engineered, and the choice for total gits" -- Top Gear, Summer 2008

Comment

Yeah vaguely, your that guy who supports that average football team:burn:
                          Oh no, you must be confusing me with Shahe, he LOVES England football haha.

God I love my CF airbox c
                          I know what you mean, good friend. Cant wait for pics!!

Mariano

Comment

Working...
                          X