1st M3 facelift - yellow fog, clear corners, grill, tow hook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st M3 facelift - yellow fog, clear corners, grill, tow hook

what you guys think? I did a mini makeover on the front end of my E30 M3.

Painted the grill all black, euro clear signal, custom tow hook cover, custom yellow fog lights and new M3 badge. I tried to flush out the fog lights so that there will not be much gap with the hole.

Next in line will be the custom front lip and in the not so distant future custom H&R full coilovers.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Make sure you get the Evo airbox if you don't already have one since you are
    running the Euro tow hook covers.

I guess that addiction you pour money into starts!

Comment

Never have understood the fasincation with yellow headlights and fogs. Yes I do understand that France requires yellow headlights....still don't understand why.

Comment

actually I just made up that tow hook cover using abs plastic. I can paint it silver, but I think flat black blends better coz it looks similar with the bumper strip.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
        Never have understood the fasincation with yellow headlights and fogs. Yes I do understand that France requires yellow headlights....still don't understand why.
        so true...I think yellow lights looks cool, but I don't dig it in headlights though to each his own.

I can return the fog lights to clear in 5 mins. It's just $6 krylon paint.
        Last edited by apms14; 11-02-2008, 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

According to studies done be the auto and aerospace industry that yellow causes less eye fatigue. I find that yellow fogs/headlights give a car a 70-80's look. Especially if you look at old videos of Leman racing etc. Personally I like it but the light from a HID bulb cuts through the night the best. Its just not so good for oncoming traffic.
          There'll be Spandex jackets one for everyone ...

Comment

Any chance we can get some shots of the Merc? Just that shot of the fender with the black wheel looks awesome.

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

My yellow fogs look like this. Not sure if these are the correct ones since my car came from Japan but it seems that the reflector inside is the one thats yellow and the glass is still clear.

Comment

Originally posted by noro View Post
                Any chance we can get some shots of the Merc? Just that shot of the fender with the black wheel looks awesome.
                last pics I got over a year old...lol. I'm just so busy with stuff can't find time for a photo op!

Only rear shots I got with the old rims. Boy I love the rear look of the 190E.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by jpchan View Post
                My yellow fogs look like this. Not sure if these are the correct ones since my car came from Japan but it seems that the reflector inside is the one thats yellow and the glass is still clear.

I think your bulb is yellow and it's just reflecting. the reflector itself is chrome I think.
                Last edited by apms14; 11-03-2008, 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Love the Merc! very nice
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shift_joy View Post
                    Love the Merc! very nice
                    +1

Comment

+2.

Schwarz 1990 Sport Evolution

Comment

+1
                        2000 Subaru Legacy GT
                        1995 BMW M3
                        1988 BMW M3
                        2002 Honda CBR954RR
                        1993 Honda VFR400R
                        1992 Honda CBR600F2
                        1992 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

nice mercedes.

Do you like the fogs or would you be willing to remove the fog lights and place brake air ducts there instead?

Comment

I have brake air ducts where my fogs were.Has mesh covering it.I wouldnt mind some french smilies
                            I have negative feedback on several forums, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ME!!!

Comment

That's a nice Merc. You had good taste in replacing those tri-spoke wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X