Rattle in Strumhong exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattle in Strumhong exhaust

Anyone had this issue before? is it fixable or do I need to get new exhaust.
    thank you,
    Ped
    :burn:

Never heard of it before - how old is it?
    sigpic

Comment

rattle is inside the exhaust.....not around it or in the general area of the exhaust?
      Hmmmm....i dunno.

I had (will be fixed tomorrow!!) rattle associated with my b&b tri flow but the culprit was
      1) loose heat shield above the cat
      2) 2 holes on the back side of the can..... right where the 2 exhaust pipes enter the can. caused from normal wear and tear and stress....per Mike Boat

I bought a new/used B&B....
      The old one, Mike Boat at B&B said he'd fix it and update (the old exhaust was purchased back in 96 I believe) the exhaust for $250.
      Will eventually post it and try to sell.....with Mike Boats contact info of course.

I know, I know......my answer does not help.

Good luck my man!

Comment

I sell a bunch of these, call me and I'll see what Stromung can do. I'll need to know where you bought it and when, hopefully you have your receipt.

Mario L.
        www.VSR1.com

Comment

dont have the receipt. I bought it about 7-8 years ago..

Comment

Sounds like its just time for a new one, I love the sound of the stromung, but I did'nt feel that their build quality was quite as good. Besides 7-8 years is a pretty long time for an exhaust.
            88 M3
            91 M5
            90 325is

Comment

My muffler had a rattle too, but only at low RPM, then finally split down the bottom middle seam. I think one of the internal baffles had an issue, and was loose or cracked. On my car, everything sees a pretty hard life, so I am not really surprised it happened. You can see pics of it in my gallery. I ended up replacing the whole exh. system.
              sigpic
              '88 Lachssilber

Comment

Oh man you people are giving me an Ulcer... I dont want to change the exhaust. and I have the problem at Low RPM as well.
                I appreciate all your help. what is a good exhaust that would have the nice deep sound like stromung?
                thank you all.
                Last edited by lyldvlsh1; 11-07-2008, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Mine did that too, the rattle go so bad people gave me dirty looks at the race track. I called strom and they gave me a discount on a replacement. Mine came with the car and had been on there for a while.

Comment

Anyone got the number for strumhong?

Comment

Working...
                    X