Shift knob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift knob question

Is there a leather shift knob that has a set screw that works with short shifters? I have an aluminum one now and would prefer leather.

I could let you have one of these delrin ones for AU$80 insured/posted to your door (less than US$55.00 factoring in our incredibly shit exchange rate)
    It's a grub screw design and should fit onto a standard diameter shaft (approx 13.96) Insert from McAdams autosport @ approx $10
    More pics in my gallery.
    not the appropriate forum for parts, my apologies

Aaron

Last edited by Az in Oz; 11-07-2008, 03:10 PM.

"But most of all...
    ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

hey thats nice!
      sigpic
      Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by strube View Post
        Is there a leather shift knob that has a set screw that works with short shifters? I have an aluminum one now and would prefer leather.
        Depending on which SSK you have, you should be able to use any stock knob. There is a very nice illuminated suede M3 EVO3 knob that Don McAdams sells. Short shifters usually have a cut-out on the top, so that any factory BMW knob should work without a set screw. Stock BMW knobs are simply pushed onto the shifter rod, and a small bar inside them clicks into the cut-out on top of the shifter rod. Here is a photo of the Rogue SSK:

Cheers, Daniel.
        - 1987 M3 (e30)
        -- BeastPower Motorsports: www.beastpower.com
        - -Eisenmann Exhaust Systems: www.eisenmann.us

Comment

Thats exactly what mine looks like. Great!! I was think the stock one was threaded.

Comment

Originally posted by strube View Post
            Thats exactly what mine looks like. Great!! I was think the stock one was threaded.
            Cool.

Cheers, Daniel.
            - 1987 M3 (e30)
            -- BeastPower Motorsports: www.beastpower.com
            - -Eisenmann Exhaust Systems: www.eisenmann.us

Comment

Working...
            X