Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Mount Replacement

All,

I have scoured the forums, and I actually did find a procedure for this on pelicanparts.com, but I have run into a snag. The bottom bolts are obviously easy to get to, but how does one go about getting to those pesky top bolts? I was thinking like a 1'1/2" extension on a socket wrench, but drivers side has too much in the way! Any tricks? Also, does anyone have an alternative to the stock OE jack that comes with the car? I used it to jack the car and place jack stands, but when I was lowering it back to the ground, the jack slipped and now my drivers side body kit has a small dent! I was extremely pissed to say the least. But it needs paint and body work anyways. Cheers.

Chris

Take the air box off to reach the driver's side mount. It's really easy and it will be a common procedure if you work on the car often, so you may as well learn now.

Jack? Lots of thoughts here. I bought a cheap aluminum floor jack from Harbor Freight and have been really happy with it so far. The only problem with it arises when I take it with me to autocross or something like that -- everyone else has the same jack and I risk losing it.
    Last edited by Thor; 11-08-2008, 09:49 AM.
    1987 Euro M3, Jet Black
    "BMW M cars: technically advanced, beautifully engineered, and the choice for total gits" -- Top Gear, Summer 2008

Comment

The stock jack is junk.. I would buy a small bottle jack if I needed something in the car, but I normally use a small floor jack or a large floor jack.
      Mark Williams
      Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X