vibrations @ 55km speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibrations @ 55km speeds

I am experiencing a little vibration at 55km/h and at about 65km/h it seems to go away, below 55km/h I also dont feel the vibration...it seems to be coming from the propeller shaft...anyone experience this?

Justin, maybe you just have to get your wheels balanced? Btw, what makes you say it might be coming from the driveshaft?
    Fritz

1987 Hennarot E30 M3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2WsYARLD1Y

Comment

Actually not my car, its dogleg's car...the propeller was just removed, and re installed, so its my prime suspect...and I heard that driveshaft alignment matters...hmm i wonder????

Comment

Yes. you should mark the driveshaft before removing it... That can be balanced but I don't know of any shops in Cebu.. Is Dogleg (Choms?).
        Fritz

1987 Hennarot E30 M3

Comment

There are 2 dots (one on each shaft) on the centre for alignment.

Comment

I think justin means the propeller shaft and not the half-shafts..?
            Fritz

1987 Hennarot E30 M3

Comment

Originally posted by fritzjuan View Post
              I think justin means the propeller shaft and not the half-shafts..?
              Yes I know and that's what I'm talking about. the driveshaft splits in 2 and where they join there's a dot on each side for alignment.

Comment

kiko,

about the dots...only problem is I did not personally check it myself after the installlation, so I guess the mechanic missed a tooth, I will check it again when I get the car lifted....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fritzjuan View Post
                Yes. you should mark the driveshaft before removing it... That can be balanced but I don't know of any shops in Cebu.. Is Dogleg (Choms?).
                yup...choms car
                Last edited by justin11572; 11-15-2008, 11:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Problem solved...dots were not lined up properly!!!!!

Comment

Would anyone have a picture of the dots lined up? I am just curious since I wasn't aware the dots even existed. I usually mark it.

Thanks!

Comment

Pics anyone?

Comment

The factory markings are the two paint dots, one on each side of the center bearing.
                        Driveshaft Alignment Marks
                        Last edited by jimmyC; 11-22-2008, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting JimmyC.

Comment

Working...
                          X