Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some comfirmation here

Hello guys,

I would like to know if the following part numbers are the corrects I need for the M3:

Front ///M3 badge insert grille

Letter "m3" front 51 14 1 934 620

Rear ///M 3 badge trunk (Looks like I need to order these seaprate?)

Letter "m" rear 51 14 1 917 739
    &
    Emblem adhered rear 51 14 1 934 619

BMW hood & trunk symbols/badges

Plaque 51 14 8 132 375

In the other hand I'm trying to get the labels that goes under hood and I took note from the ones that still exist but are very old and trashed:

2 121 483 = BMW Diamandschwarz - metallic

2 121 500 = BMW Original Teile (in different languages) left shock tower

1 363 259 = Achtung (the coil dirver and some little description)

Where can I get these, besides the dealer? Still some company makes these three last codes?

Lastly, seems I can't find either the part number or diagram (figure) of the plastic cover that goes under the front bumper, more precisley between under front bumper and oil pan....it's like a "skidplate" of plastic to hold some stuff maybe or just add dynamics I guess.

Thanks
    Last edited by diegom6; 11-19-2008, 08:22 AM.
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

There's already a decent thread about the stickers. Search for "stickers under hood" or use similar words.

FYI--The plastic pan that you refer to is sometimes called a "splash guard"

Cheers,
    Colin

Comment

Thanks Collin,

I figuredout the sticker-labels. Yet can't fidn the part number ofthe splash guards.
      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

It's part # 51711961894. Item 10 as seen here:

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online...34&hg=51&fg=70

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Some more little help here, I figured out pretty much the whole parts I need (PN).

The following PN: 51-48-1-906-393 respond to the "asbestos" heat shield material that goes sin the firewall?

Mine it's cracked and need replacement? Where can I source a new one besides the dealer in case they don't have it (quoting to them right now).

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
              Hello guys,

I would like to know if the following part numbers are the corrects I need for the M3:

Front ///M3 badge insert grille

Letter "m3" front 51 14 1 934 620

Rear ///M 3 badge trunk (Looks like I need to order these seaprate?)

Letter "m" rear 51 14 1 917 739
              &
              Emblem adhered rear 51 14 1 934 619

BMW hood & trunk symbols/badges

Plaque 51 14 8 132 375

In the other hand I'm trying to get the labels that goes under hood and I took note from the ones that still exist but are very old and trashed:

2 121 483 = BMW Diamandschwarz - metallic

2 121 500 = BMW Original Teile (in different languages) left shock tower

1 363 259 = Achtung (the coil dirver and some little description)

Where can I get these, besides the dealer? Still some company makes these three last codes?

Lastly, seems I can't find either the part number or diagram (figure) of the plastic cover that goes under the front bumper, more precisley between under front bumper and oil pan....it's like a "skidplate" of plastic to hold some stuff maybe or just add dynamics I guess.

Thanks
              OK, apologies in advance for what will be most likely "stupidest question of the year" winner here ... :chaired::chaired::chaired:

I've ordered the front ///M3 badge insert grille [Letter "m3" front 51 14 1 934 620] as per above, but it seems that this piece part is only the male end ... there's no female part behind the grille to lock the emblem into to secure it onto the grille.

It does not seem to be a snap fit into the grille all by itself.

Is there a part missing that goes behind the grille and, if so, what is that PN, please?

There was no emblem there when I purchased the car a year ago ... I'm only getting around to buying one now ... busy with other things on the car quite honestly.

Thanks in advance.

Mr. Hayes
              sigpic

Comment

I think the male tabs on the back of the badge are meant to be bent into place around the back of the grille to hold the badge in place. I also bought the badge and wondered the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by EN88M3 View Post
                  I think the male tabs on the back of the badge are meant to be bent into place around the back of the grille to hold the badge in place. I also bought the badge and wondered the same thing.
                  Cool ... thanks very much ... I thought the tabs were plastic; I did not realize they're bendable metal.

I tried to bend the tabs while inserted into the grille, but my fingers were too thick to do so.

So I bent them down at 45 degrees just to get it started and went to insert it ... viola!!! This is perfect as it seems to create a pressure fit into the grille just in doing that.

Thanks again.

Mr. Hayes
                  Last edited by hayesMpower; 03-07-2009, 11:38 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X