Random Chime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Chime?

I'm sorry if this has been covered before (I couldnt find it in my searches) .. Anyway ... sometimes when I'm driving around I get this random chime from the car .. no light comes on and I don't feel any difference in the car .. and it only ever chimes once. So I'm just wondering if anyone else gets that and if anyone knows what it might be or where I should start looking. I'm not too worried about it but I thought I would ask just in case it's a precursor to something more serious.
    http://vimeo.com/channels/dasauto - BMW Video Channel

at 36 degrees...its letting you know you should have your jacket and mittens on

oh yeah...and the road might be icy :hee:

Comment

lol .. thanks ..

While I'm asking questions .. what the crap are those four little green boxes and one red box at the bottom of the gauge cluster?

Comment

Originally posted by Scobra View Post
        I'm sorry if this has been covered before (I couldnt find it in my searches) .. Anyway ... sometimes when I'm driving around I get this random chime from the car .. no light comes on and I don't feel any difference in the car .. and it only ever chimes once. So I'm just wondering if anyone else gets that and if anyone knows what it might be or where I should start looking. I'm not too worried about it but I thought I would ask just in case it's a precursor to something more serious.
        What was the temperature outside? There is an alarm that will sound when the outside temp falls to about 37 Fahrenheit (you can do the conversion for your Canadian Celsius ). This is the temperature which ice can start to form on bridges. It's that time of year for you northern folks.

Comment

that makes sense .. it was pretty chilly the last time I drove it .. thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Scobra View Post
            lol .. thanks ..

While I'm asking questions .. what the crap are those four little green boxes and one red box at the bottom of the gauge cluster?
            Service Indicator lights.

Ignore them... if you relied on them, you wouldn't change your oil for 5k+ miles.
            Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

I would hear a random beeping at times and could not figure it out. Finally I looked around when it happened and it was my tape deck telling me to "clean the heads" or someting like that.

- gabor
              October 1987 build date.

Comment

Another really anoying light/gong problem:

When I am driving along, my check light comes on on my cluster. I look up at the overhead computer deal and there are no red lights on but I have to press the check button to get rid of the light on the dash... is this a standard "hey buddy you should look at this just because we are German and like to anoy you!" feature or is one of my sensors on the fritz?

Thanks guys!

-Kelly

Comment

Working...
                X