Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Anybody has pics of IE stage III and H&R race springs installed in their car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody has pics of IE stage III and H&R race springs installed in their car?

Hello
    I am trying to decide which spring set to get.
    Ireland Engineering Stage III race or H&R race springs so I was wondering if I can see a picture of your cars with those springs installed so I can compare.
    I understand that those springs are pretty much the same so I am looking to see which one has more even drop look.
    If you are posting pictures, please also mention which shocks are installed
    Please post the pictures in this thread or email them to [email protected]

Thanks in advance guys
    sigpic
    1989 M3 Cabriolet "Reproduction" #787th?? :-)

IE stage IIIIE stage III

A special thank you to:
    archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

wow, I like the look a lot. Which shocks are installed on the car?
      I like the look a lot. It is very even. Did you use the standard e30 m3 spring pads in front and rear?
      Thanks
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vazbro View Post
        wow, I like the look a lot. Which shocks are installed on the car?
        I like the look a lot. It is very even. Did you use the standard e30 m3 spring pads in front and rear?
        Thanks
        IE stage III w/Bilstein sports. F+R spring pads are removed. I would recommend considering Koni adjustable instead of these bouncy Bilsteins. my 2 cents.

A special thank you to:
        archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

I think it is a good idea!! Konis are more expensive though!
          sigpic

Comment

H&R Race with one coil cut on the fronts with 225/40/18 tires.

Here's mine with H&R Race with one coil cut in the front with 3mm pads and on
            225/35/18 tires. Mine has the S14 in it and the red one has a S50 swap.

Comment

Thanks for the pics. very nice!!
              May I ask why did you cut a coil in front?
              sigpic

Comment

Car sits a little high in the front with the H&R Race springs. I may end up cutting
                another half coil off the front to get just a bit lower.

Comment

Yan and Chutrain feel free to post those pics with your suspension info in this thread. it would help compile more information! thanks!!

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36431

Real M3s have 4 Cylinders

Comment

Now we need pics w/ H&R races w/ no springs cut to see the difference . Interesting!
                    Mike

Comment

That's right. H&R race with no spring cuts pictures please! :-)
                      I think I am now leaning toward IE stage III springs because they have 2" front drop vs. 1.6" front drop of H&R race. No more coil cutting I guess.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry its not a dead on side shot, but its all I have right now. Mine has H&R Race on Bilstein sports. Wheels are 17x8 w/ 215/45/17 RE01.

Comment

Thanks a lot SacM3
                          Your car looks good with H&Rs and white is my most favorite color!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Quick Q for the guys running the Race springs. What kind of suspension travel do you have? What shocks? and are you running the factory bump stop trimmed(how much) I just threw in the H&R race with the Koni sports with the bumpstops trimmed to right about 3/4 inch total length. It seems that theres almost zero travel. i'm wondering if i can run without the bumpstops to get a little bit of travel out of the setup. Wheels are BBS RGR's 17X9's 235 Toyo R888's

Thanks
                            T

Comment

I have decent travel with the Bilstein sports, but I know what you mean about reduced travel. (It doesn’t' take much to bottom out the shocks on the street). It really stems from lowering the car by 2" and not having shorter shocks/strut tubes with a different spring perch height. The ideal way to go for travel is the GC way of cutting the tube down and then putting a shorter shock in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X