Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Bought this for 8,000 recently....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought this for 8,000 recently....

I felt like it was a pretty good deal, 145k runs, drives, shifted poorly when I got it, rogue engineering short shift with loose bolt. I fixed that and replaced both clutch cylinders. Its pretty clean inside but has a dent on the passengers front and I was wondering what the best way to fix that would be. I postulated some D.I.Y scheme i.e. dent puller, pounding it out from the inside. but I dont think it would turn out well. Other mods: H&R/Bilsteins; Confoti chip, according to the PO. You may say just take it to a shop and have it fixed properly, but the temptation would be to get both spoilers and mirrors and have them paint the whole car as it does have some scratches and a little rust bubble thing on the sunroof, so I'm just trying to stay cheap right now, which might be an impossibility with these cars, thanks, Brian.

Last edited by Shes14er30; 04-14-2009, 06:09 AM.

looks like a good deal...congrats!

My M3 Blog Updated Regularly!
    E30 M3 Wiki
    My Youtube Channel
    E30 M3: 14 Days to Victory Page

Comment

Thanks! I will never part with this car

Comment

(checking my sig)

Comment

Sounds like a great buy! Welcome and good luck with it!

Hank

Comment

Welcome and nice looking car you have.

Comment

great find, congratulations! and welcome to s14.net, soon be be vistied most often
              "Hearing the metallic clatter of the valves, the wind, tire and road noise....the endless stream of morse code that comes through the seat bottom and steering wheel. It's amazing."--:OMG:S14addict:OMG:

Comment

Congrats on the purchase! It looks like you're in the Seattle area... Someday when all of this snow clears out, we should all meet up.

Comment

Nice, Good to have another Seattle Car on the Board. Ditto on the Meet and greet when he roads are free of snow, ice and salt. -Patrick

Comment

Welcome, and congrats on your purchase. You can just buy the new fender at the dealer and get i painted. It will probably be a better option then having the dent pulled out, bondoed and repainted.

BTW, it looks like the PO swapped out the original M3 seats and replaced it with regular E30 ones (exception on the SRD):lostme:

Dan
                    Dan

12/87 Zinnoberrot
                    3/87 Henna

Comment

Originally posted by M drei 88 View Post
                      Welcome, and congrats on your purchase. You can just buy the new fender at the dealer and get i painted. It will probably be a better option then having the dent pulled out, bondoed and repainted.

Dan
                      A good PDR guy will be able to pull that dent without any need for paint. Look for some
                      local guys and get an estimate. Way swap out when you can keep the original. Should
                      be cheaper as well considering you would have to buy the fender, then pay a paint
                      shop to prime and paint the part. A PDR guy might charge around $150 to $250 for
                      that dent.

Comment

Nice score. Yeah, I'd try a paintless dent removal guy. That location is very easy to access from the back side, so it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Comment

Here is another alternative, try a glass company and have a guy pull it with those big suction cups they use to handle the big sheets of glass. Believe it or not they do work and it just may get the whole thing out with out any need need for paint.

You can usually get away with just tipping the guy. Can't get an cheaper than that.

Btw, Welcome!

Lionel

Comment

congrats on the purchase !

I've seen this car here on east coast at our NY/NJ meets, interesting that it now resides on the other coast

Comment

nice find, congrats and make yourself comfortable here!
                              sigpic
                              Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X