Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFM AirFlow Meter AFM info and intake

Happy new year.

I've checked the AFM spec and it is said 8 - 2500 Ohm resistance while rotating the AFM flap.

I've three AFMs here, one used stock and two brand new aftermarket , they all have a resistance which is 200 - 1100 ohm while rotating the flap (AFMs disconnected from the car).

Another intake question:

Are you able to make the idle die and the engine stop by squeezing the hose that goes from the AFM to the MPower intake plenum?
    Last edited by france320isco; 01-04-2009, 01:21 AM.
    power is nothing without drift

If both the aftermarket AFMs have the same range I would be confident that they are ok. As to your second question, yes.
    "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineRunner View Post
      If both the aftermarket AFMs have the same range I would be confident that they are ok. As to your second question, yes.
      Thanks.
      Unfortunately the squeezing test is not effective to the idle on my car.

The story is that i've resolved a major intake leak 15 days ago by applying some gasket paper between the intake gaskets and head.
      There was a big but invisible leak on the upper side of the stock intake rubber gaskets i discovered it when i poured water and saw a white geyser coming out the exhaust and i also had problems at idle (stalling, hiccupping).

Now, after the cure, the water pouring doesn't produce the geyser and the cars idles right, but i still have an esitation at low loads / low rpm: once reached the 2000 rpm the esitation disappear.

The not effective squeeze test make me think that maybe i have to check again on the rubber stock gasket.
      power is nothing without drift

Comment

Working...
      X