Samco hose/ Stock air collector question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samco hose/ Stock air collector question

I'm installing my Samco hoses and have all 9 hooked up and 8 work great, but I noticed that on the heater core, the top most nipple, the one that goes to the water rail on the side of the block, not the one that goes back to the head, is being smashed by the plenum when i put it back on, smashed to the point of it impeding water flow.

I can't bend it out of the way without it also kinking, I really don't want to buy a stock hose, and was wondering if anyone had this problem also. It's kinking at the bottom of the indentation for the brake booster, the samco hose is not really the same shape as the stock one.

one last thing, is the CF plenum the same size as the stock collector? I've been debating getting the CF intake anyways and if it will clear my binding problem, i'll just go ahead and just order the plenum.

The Chuck giveth, and the Chuck taketh away

i have the hoses...my solution was not to install those hoses...LOL

I'll have to get back there and do those soon though...

ADA///M

Comment

It's not that bad if you remove the 4 acorn nuts that hold the entire plenum to the TB's, it gives you alot more room to work with, it's still tight but no where near as bad with it on. It's just the smashing of the hose that's pissing me off.

Comment

I have the same problem, I also cut a part of the old hose to put around it, to stop the chafing. The kink is not enough to impede the flow but its not good anyway. I'm hoping that I'm going to rearrange stuff on the race car so I'll just wait. Or maybe new motor mounts would help.

Comment

I ordered a stock hose from the dealer for now, I'll put the Samco on when i get around to buying the CF box.

Comment

Working...
          X