Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who are the 2.5L builders in your area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who are the 2.5L builders in your area?

Turner, Korman, Don Fields, Ron Checca, etc.
    Where have you gone to, or who will you go to for your 2.5L stroker?

Are you satisfied?

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Bullet Performance. Costa Mesa, California.

Comment

Looking at the areas where I've lived:

NJ : Don Fields
      AZ : Andrew Sanchez - Bavarian Motors, Phoenix, AZ

My 100% Stock 2.3 liter E30 M3 Cabrio

1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
      1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
      1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Do you actually know people at Bavarian Motors? I have come across a few negative threads on the web regarding them. NO comment thou.... I also never heard that they made strokers?

Interesting!

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

I know Andrew from Bavarian. He is a local club racer. He's got a couple of 2.5 ltr. E30 M3's that he's built and raced. He is the local E30 M3 "expert". I would say if there is someone that knows E30 M3's; he's the man. His shop services ALOT of the local racers.

I do not have a 2.5 liter motor in any of my M3's (current or past), so I cannot say from experience. But I do know he's built them up using Turner's kits for his car and for others locally.

My personal mechanic in Phoenix is a friend whom works at Chapman BMW and races a E30 M3 also. There are ALOT of politics surrounding these groups :battle: , so I'll refrain from giving any particular opinions.:rolleyes: Both have worked on my E30 325is and done a great job.

My driving school / track car...
          1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
          1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
          1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Pete McHenry.

Comment

We are going with Pete as well. Our engine will be installed by Motorsport Connections. We are sending the car and engine out on Monday, I believe.

Comment

What about the UK - anyone had good experience with a decent engine builder for doing a 2.5 conversion this side of the pond??

Nick
                Nick Vyse
                M2 Touring
                (s14 powered 2002)

Comment

Pete Mchenry no doubt for a 2.5L build. Speaking of 2.5L builds:]Motorsport Connections/Billy Revis for any other work to the E30 M3. We do a lot of work through Billy, and have ridden in several Precision motored cars. Mainly a wicked S50 M3 and a 2.5L E30 M3. I have a little video of a Mchenry 2.5L M3 here on the comp somewhere I can upload.

Bavarian3: I do quite a bit of work through Motorsport, and would love to see your car. Please let me know when it gets in, as I am in Winston.

Wes

Comment

If the video is under 5 megs I'll host it for you.

Send it to [email protected]

Comment

Magnus,

It is just him pulling out of a parking lot. I am giong to send it to you, and you can decide if it is worth posting.

Wes

Comment

HA! It's kinda funny.

http://www.s14.net/images/ericscar.mpg

Comment

WARNING

This is the biggest waste of download time ever...Unless you are extremely bored and have no life...do not download this video....

Sorry...what was the point of this video?
                          ADA///M

BTW...Dave...i have some decent video of mine and chris' car if you want to host it...just so people can see how crappy my car is..

Comment

Cool! Send it over.

Comment

Wes,

We spoke with Billy at Winterfest (Sebring) and we made our decision from there. It was going to be either Apex Engineering or Pete, I was leaning towards Apex but due to the fact that it is in Cali, we decided to go with Pete. (Both choices are great choices)

The car should be done by early/mid April. (Maybe earlier, since the car was shipped off yesterday)

My father and I will prob. drive up and pick the car up. NC is always nice. Except that one rainy day at M-Day at the BMW Plant.

Comment

Working...
                              X