Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want an E30 M3 to perform similarly to my M Coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Also, drivers who master the M3 understood long ago that slowing down too much in corners is their curse, as it means not enough torque to reaccelerate out of the corner. Therefore, those drivers brake less, and hang on to their steering wheel."

I tell my wife that I'm merely driving the Tahoe efficiently.
    1988 Diamond Black / track
    2006 4 Runner LTD V8 / DD
    2003 Tahoe Z71 trail / tugger / 225,000 miles (3 trannys, same original engine)
    1992 325ic S52, OBDI, M3 suspension (Finished!) Fast and Fun for the Mom
    2011 Superfly (Nirvana!)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by paintpro21 View Post
      if i did a swap it would probably be this.... IF I did a swap....

I've seen it done a few other times, but this was the first pic I could find.
      Looks beautiful, and pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by fast325it View Post
        "Also, drivers who master the M3 understood long ago that slowing down too much in corners is their curse, as it means not enough torque to reaccelerate out of the corner. Therefore, those drivers brake less, and hang on to their steering wheel."

I tell my wife that I'm merely driving the Tahoe efficiently.
        exactly. i catch everyone either in the braking zone (or lack there of, and the first part of corner exit until they get straight enough to put down their 500hp .
        ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook Fan Page - Twitter

Comment

exactly. i catch everyone either in the braking zone (or lack there of, and the first part of corner exit until they get straight enough to put down their 500hp .
          you forget one thing, what if the driver with the 500 bhp drives exactly like you?

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

Originally posted by UweM3 View Post
            you forget one thing, what if the driver with the 500 bhp drives exactly like you?
            Usually, good drivers don't buy cars with high HP. And cars with high HP are not that nimble...

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
            1989 M3 racecar
            e39 Touring

Comment

And on that point. The nicest, most expensive, cars always seem to have the slowest drivers. (understandably) It's usually the shit boxes that are running circles around everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                And on that point. The nicest, most expensive, cars always seem to have the slowest drivers. (understandably) It's usually the shit boxes that are running circles around everyone.
                ain't that the truth. You should have seen the audi r8 at my last track day.

Comment

I'd just just drive the piss out of it. Only highly modified e36 track cars pass me at the track with their torque, hp, and 255 race rubber :(

You too huh? This one always gets by me. Jesse Clark, good dude. He's driven me home in my M3 drunk from the bar in the past so he gets to pass.

To the original poster, try this game us Antique M3 drivers play.

On a reasonably short track you catch a big whale, like an M3 or M5 on street tires and ride their bumper through the turns and draft on the straights. They'll pull away on the straight but then BAM yer up their ass.

"and when I hit the brakes I looked up and this old school M3 just appeared from nowhere in my mirrors!"

Eventually they get shamed with the Blue and Yellow flag saying "Hey big boy, let the little 4 banger through...." Then they have to let you by by lifting and losing their only advantage.

I make rocking motions like it'll make the car faster as I flat foot it by someone on some straight or another.

Then, don't brake just dive in by downshifting and lose them in the turns again and they just can not catch you since you can take the turns so much faster and hit the straight with much more speed on the way to the straight.

The brake light thing is psychological, it messes with peoples emotions.

Big fat cars rob my momentum, fukers!!!!!!

A 400HP BMW can't catch little ole' me? How cute.

Fantastic fun. You should try it.
                  Last edited by OnrailsM3; 03-27-2009, 01:47 PM. Reason: It

Comment

S54 swaps can be done for a decent price if you know how to do some work
                    yourself. Motor and 6 speeds can be had anywhere from $3500-$4500. I was about
                    to pick one up for $4500 with 6 speed with 40k miles. If you can do most of the
                    yourself, you can get it done for around $10-12k. Whether that expense if worth it
                    is up to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X