Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Anti-Lock light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Lock light on

hey my Anti-Lock light came on i was told that it might be a relay do you guys know wich relay it is
    Thanks for any help
    91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
    88 M3 AW Track Car s54
    95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
    04 Toyota Tundra

I think the relay's are a PITA to get to - they are behind the plastic shroud, behind the coolant overflow tank on the fire wall. I'm trying to get in there to get to my fuel pump relay, it's like fort knox - They look like this:

$27.95 at Bavauto

>>>>> Edit: Wait, I'm not sure where they are located, Bavauto says that they are under the dash. Hmmm.
    Last edited by gte175x; 04-22-2009, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gte175x View Post
      I think the relay's are a PITA to get to - they are behind the plastic shroud, behind the coolant overflow tank on the fire wall. I'm trying to get in there to get to my fuel pump relay, it's like fort knox - They look like this:

$27.95 at Bavauto

>>>>> Edit: Wait, I'm not sure where they are located, Bavauto says that they are under the dash. Hmmm.
      nope, the main, fuel, and purge valve relays are behind the coolant reservoir. the ABS relay (if equiped) will be found clipped to the ABS ECU just left of the steering column

since you have an '88, you should have the relay. i do not since later wiring harnesses eliminated the relay
      James
      sigpic

Comment

^ Thanks for confirming the location

Comment

There is a fuse wire in the relay which 'blows', common issue.

Schwarz 1990 Sport Evolution

Comment

Originally posted by Sporty1 View Post
            There is a fuse wire in the relay which 'blows', common issue.
            and another fuse wire in the ABS ECU as well (Martin H found that after a loooong time of searching)!!

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

thanks all will look it to it this weekend
              91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
              88 M3 AW Track Car s54
              95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
              04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

You might also want to check and clean off all four sensors at the corners. Its pretty common for them to clogged with magnetic schmutz and trigger an error light.
                MJ

Comment

Originally posted by ixm3 View Post
                  You might also want to check and clean off all four sensors at the corners. Its pretty common for them to clogged with magnetic schmutz and trigger an error light.
                  MJ

I think there is only 2 sensors and did replace them when i did the brake job
                  91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
                  88 M3 AW Track Car s54
                  95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
                  04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by UweM3 View Post
                    and another fuse wire in the ABS ECU as well (Martin H found that after a loooong time of searching)!!
                    oh really? i figured there is one in there, since on my car BMW eliminated the external relay, and it would surprise me if BMW powered any ECU directly off the batt. did he repair it?

Originally posted by GK-E30M3 View Post
                    I think there is only 2 sensors and did replace them when i did the brake job
                    nope, there are 4 ABS sensors. maybe you're confusing those with the 2 brake pad sensors?
                    James
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X