X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat AC delete part.. pics inside.

Eureka!

(hope this has not been covered yet)

this part is exactly what I wanted!!!!! this is the perfect part to finish your A/C delete! replaces the evaporator cover with the hole cut out for the AC lines.

part number i ordered was 64111468090, and i got it at maximillians for 4.95 plus ship!

pictures!!!!

Nice score Joe.

Comment

can we see a pic installed?

Seats Taken...No one rides for free...:burnbaby:

Comment

not on my car, but same part same placement.

Comment

Now if someone can just find a plug that covers the hole where the hard lines go through the firewall, I'll be set!

Comment

i just went ahead and filled those holes nicely with some black silicone. haven't road tested it but it seems to be bonding fairly nice to the holes.

Comment

I just put some metal foil tape on both sides of the hole. Been holding up fine for years now. I'd still like to find a factory solution to plugging the hole.

Comment

Is this inside the car, under the dash, passenger side? If so, did you guys first get some screw-in caps to replace the lines from the evaporator to the firewall?

- Daniel

Comment

i removed the evaporator and the lines completely from the system. this covers the big hole in the box!

Comment

Gotcha - I am obviously one step behind you guys. Could you explain how I would remove the evaporator? Carpet and glovebox are currently out of car, so I suppose it's now or never.

- Daniel

Comment

oh man it's easy. you see those fork screws that secure that plate on in the pictures above? remove the screws, and you can pull out the evaporator. before you actually pull it out, just undo the nuts that hold the lines on the evap.

Comment

My system is completely gone, no lines left to plug. I still want to know how the factory plugs the hole in the wirewall on cars with no AC. Maybe they just don't cut the hole?

Comment

That's what i am assuming. There is no part available for that area, and you might just have to figure something out there. I siliconed it, and it looks pretty nice i think. I'll snap a photo today.

Comment

Como esta Chicago!? Yo estaria demente si le quito el A/C mi M3 :smile2:

Un abrazo Joe
                            Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by rewilfert View Post
                              Maybe they just don't cut the hole?
                              Correct.
                              I searched long and hard to find a block off plug/plate, and was not able to find a viable OEM option (at least not specifically for the E30 M3).
                              Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Working...
                              X