Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front License Plate Filler?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Front License Plate Filler?

    I'm not sure if I've seen them before or not but does someone sell plugs to fill the license plate holes in our front bumpers? If not, I'll just get them filled at the bodyshop when I get my valence painted. Pic for reference. Thanks, George


  • #2
    Without body work I'd say you should just get some plate bolt covers. They clip on to the plate bolt heads.

    Found some shweet ass pirate caps on 'da bay.



    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pirate-Skull-Crossbones-Jolly-Roger-plate-bolt-caps_W0QQitemZ260403595359QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor s_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca143885f&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318#ebay photohosting

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by OnrailsM3 View Post

      Nice. Hope to see you rocking these at the next meet...wait, you'll probably get a ticket for no front plate, and then a ticket for each cap.:chaired: NY lawmakers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow those pirate bolts are about as funny as Rosie O'Donnell. Fail.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yea, i almost did the front plate delete when i was painting my front bumper but i didnt have the courage to mod a brand new bumper and plus NY sucks for not having a front plate mounted.


          www.JOEBMWMotorsport.com
          JOEBMWMotorsport
          E30 M3 Rebuild Thread
          BMW & E30 M3 Parts and Services Specialist

          Comment


          • #6
            Give Bumperplugs.com a try.
            These work pretty well for a porsche. Maybe they can find a way to match your color.
            Bill

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JOEBMW View Post
              Yea, i almost did the front plate delete when i was painting my front bumper but i didnt have the courage to mod a brand new bumper and plus NY sucks for not having a front plate mounted.
              Joe you should have said F'it and just done it haha. Put the front license plate in the corner of your dash on the passenger side. Thank God PA doesn't make us go through that bullshit.
              Originally posted by lsupcar View Post
              Give Bumperplugs.com a try.
              These work pretty well for a porsche. Maybe they can find a way to match your color.
              Bill
              THanks for the website Bill, I'll check it out.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by OOMPH! View Post
                Joe you should have said F'it and just done it haha. Put the front license plate in the corner of your dash on the passenger side. Thank God PA doesn't make us go through that bullshit.
                The cops will bust you for having the plate in the windshield. They want it affixed to
                the bumper in some way.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I run no front plate. I didn't delete the holes, but I never installed one after having the new euro bumper painted. no trouble (yet) as I've been lucky. Most cops compliment the car.

                  Funny thing is my father was pulled over in his brand new Plain Jane honda civic 4 door he purchased a few months ago for commuting, and he was given a no front plate ticket lol. Cop passes him on the free way, then does some crazy maneuvering to get behind him and pull him over.
                  ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook Fan Page - Twitter

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by paintpro21 View Post
                    I run no front plate. I didn't delete the holes, but I never installed one after having the new euro bumper painted. no trouble (yet) as I've been lucky. Most cops compliment the car.

                    Funny thing is my father was pulled over in his brand new Plain Jane honda civic 4 door he purchased a few months ago for commuting, and he was given a no front plate ticket lol. Cop passes him on the free way, then does some crazy maneuvering to get behind him and pull him over.
                    gotta love when the law does not appy to 'them' and even though I know they have training etc. it is still an undeniable fact that they are putting other's in danger by taking unnecesary risks such as this.

                    edit: on top of this, who pays to fix their cars from excessive wear and tear from maneouvers such as this? Taxpayers.
                    Last edited by CAOSyAMOR; 05-05-2009, 06:48 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Bump! Just curious if you ever were successful finding any bumper plugs???

                      I'm not so concerned about the two license plate plugs (upper two plate holes) as the other holes in the bumper strip region - there are 4 holes there, and I'm assuming the two outermost holes are for a European plate (those are filled on my bumper) and the two innermost holes are for US plate (not sure though) - these are the holes I'd like to plug...seems that BMW should make a plug for these as the outermost holes are plugged. I looked on RealOEM and didn't see anything.

                      Any suggestions?

                      John
                      Last edited by 02fanatic; 07-17-2009, 03:50 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ^ I would just buy new black tape and tape it over just make sure it is nice and tight so the holes don't show through.
                        @slowprogress

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JZM3 View Post
                          ^ I would just buy new black tape and tape it over just make sure it is nice and tight so the holes don't show through.
                          Unfortunately they come through. Wish the tape was more resilient to it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            well I am using electric tape over my holes, because I am working on my front plate and it works very well, atleast so far ; )
                            @slowprogress

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by chutrain View Post
                              The cops will bust you for having the plate in the windshield. They want it affixed to
                              the bumper in some way.
                              Hmm well iʻve read up on DOT specifications with front license plate and found that as long as your plate is visible in the front you should have no problems but then again there are those kind of cops that will bust you for anything out of place.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X