EVO Airbox. I must be an idiot . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVO Airbox. I must be an idiot . . .

I purchased the lower EVO airbox from Turner. I recieved the lower box, a foam ring, a tube and a rubber thing called a "Tootsie Roll." I have taken my stock box out. I can't figure out where the tube, the foam ring and the Tootsie Roll go.

Any guidance that someone could provide would be most appreciated. Thanks.

The straight horn bolts in besides the radiator.
    The rubber foam goes over the end of the horn inside the engine bay
    Then the lower airbox goes over the horn with the foam to help seal it.

The tootie roll goes on the frame rail to cut abrasion on the frame and box.

Do not click
    At least it's German

Comment

Is it possible that the tube is too long? I cannot seem to make it fit. It keeps hitting the PS pump. I do not have to cut the tube, right?

Thanks.
      Last edited by Sean; 01-18-2004, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
        Is it possible that the tube is too long? I cannot seem to make it fit. It keeps hitting the PS pump. I do not have to cut the tube, right?

Thnaks.
        It is hard to fit it down in there. With mine i just shove it down and connect it to the openning next(left) to the radiator.

Comment

Here's a tech article about the EVO airbox. Maybe the pics will help answer your questions.
          http://www.e30m3performance.com/inst...ox/airbox1.htm

Comment

Super Tech article. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

From the tech article, I much better understand where the air tube goes. It goes in front of the radiator. I thought that it connected the lower EVO box to the hole next to the radiator.

But, I took off my grill and cannot get to the place where the tube is supposed to go. Others that have done this mod, did you take off the front bumper to get to the tube? How hard is this?

Comment

THis seems to be the hardest easiest mod ever. Bahahaha

YES, remove bumper, takes 2 seconds. Make sure that there is no foam (Grey 2" x 4") inside the bumper area. Some people had this.......

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Working...
                X