No start after engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No start after engine swap

All together fuel pump is pumping pressure to rail, thinking bad plugs and or sticky injectors.

Also since i did a engine loom change the reference sensors order might be off since all three plugs are the same.

Thoughts?

Need to do a spark check as well.
    Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

did you ground the engine? one of the simplest thing to forget.
    -david

Comment

Check to see that the DME is getting power (check main relay and/or coil).

I've also forgotten to re-attach the AFM connector...

Nick
      Last edited by Nikos; 05-21-2009, 04:22 PM.

Comment

You may also want to check to see if you have the fuel lines connected correctly. Its easy to get them backwards. Its a pretty common mistake.

Good luck

Comment

swap

Did you line up the flywheel with the dal.easy mistake

Comment

Originally posted by probey View Post
            did you ground the engine? one of the simplest thing to forget.
            -david
            Yes, I did

Originally posted by Nikos View Post
            Check to see that the DME is getting power (check main relay and/or coil).
            I've also forgotten to re-attach the AFM connector...
            Nick
            I planned to check the Main relay and DME today, I did swap with relay's with a known working one. And the check on the AFM it was connected.
            Originally posted by keith View Post
            You may also want to check to see if you have the fuel lines connected correctly. Its easy to get them backwards. Its a pretty common mistake.

Good luck
            Reversed them just for giggles last night before I posted the question so that's not it.

Originally posted by perry131313 View Post
            Did you line up the flywheel with the dal.easy mistake
            Stock flywheel only goes on one way with dowel, so it has to go back same way each time correct.

Comment

No fuel...so gonna play with three connectors at fire wall then I'm color zip-ties to indentify them.

Comment

It's no fuel and no spark but power to relays and DME, so sounds like the reference sensors how do you determine which one is connected to what?

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                  It's no fuel and no spark but power to relays and DME, so sounds like the reference sensors how do you determine which one is connected to what?
                  Here's the order:

Top-most sensor on bellhousing goes to the connector at the cowl closest to the fender (outer-most).

Middle sensor on the bellhousing goes to the inner-most connector at the cowl.

Lowest sensor on the bellhousing goes to the middle connector at the cowl.
                  Christopher

www.brmmotorsports.com

Comment

Now how to tell the top ones apart is gonna be the tougher part as the loom was all apart and I had to zip tie it tight.

Thanks, I'll go try that and let you know.

Comment

Have spark now no fuel still, pump is putting pressure on rail, need to either canibalize off running car known good injectors or determine if fpr is bad.

Comment

SOLVED

Injectors are stuck, swapped the injector rail and she fired right up. Need to take apart and clean after labeling properly.

Thanks WBSAK Having right order solved my issue...As I had the other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X