Need help with A/C compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with A/C compressor

Was trying to fix the broken wire going to my A/C compressor today, then I noticed it looks like the wires have been spliced for some reason. I have no idea what crazy shit the PO did to the wires, but if someone would be kind enough to provide some pictures/electrical diagrams of how it is supposed to be or describe to me how it should be that would be great. It looks like the PO shorted 2 points on the A/C pressure control vale(I think thats what it is?) and pliced it into the main wire. Pics below.

TIA
    Shaun

Ac Compressor 1

a/c wiring

Hi , I have just fixed my A/C wiring and found the supply wire broken in three places with the wires broken off flush on the thermo sensor on the compressor.
    I used a sharp blade and picked the glue from around the broken wires and soldered on new wires then used araldite glue to seal around the wires. I tested the circuit with the ohm meter, mine has been modified in the a/c wiring and it appears to be to do with the thermo switch on the thermostat. dont know the reason why.
    Hope this helps, Dave
    Last edited by Dave @nz; 06-18-2009, 05:45 PM.

E30 M3 1987
    Mini Clubman GT
    BMW E36 323 Msport
    Toyota Corona
    KTM 200EXC
    Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

Thanks for the help Dave. I have just drawn what I believe are the paths for the wires, is my drawing correct? and if so, does it matter which wire goes where on the thermo switch?

Comment

men, if you need to rebuild your compressor, since you have it off, call polar bear, inc. down in fl. they quoted me 220 bucks. pretty cheap. i dont know how good a job they do, i never have used them, chucker
        89 m3 "Ms. Bavaria"..... Cinnabar w/ Black Guts, Evo 2 cam, Miller War Chip, CF Intake, What's a cat?
        12 Avalanche "OJ" ..... Black on Black, Loaded, and Runs
        08 335i "Vanessa" ..... Black with Buckskin guts
        08 Jetta 2.0 Turbo "Joan Jetta"..... Red with Tan Guts

Comment

Wiring

Hi Shaun, the sensor can be removed for ease of repair and is threaded in to a blind hole. The wires to the sensor can go on either ternimal it dosnt matter
          and yes you had the wiring routing from my photo correct.
          My compressor is off for access to the r/f chassi rail to repair the paint when I found broken wiring the same as you.
          Dave.

E30 M3 1987
          Mini Clubman GT
          BMW E36 323 Msport
          Toyota Corona
          KTM 200EXC
          Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

Thanks Dave, really appreciate it. I will do this over the weekend and see how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
            X