Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any1 know this 90?

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?i...orm_display=51

A lot of those prices are way out of whack!

I find that a lot of cars down southern USA side... Virgina, Carolina's and Georgia have a 5 - 10 K mark up compared to the rest of the USA and Canada.
    Have a nice day. :hi:

Comment

Sweet and ony 58K for mileage!
      Last edited by Motoechnic2; 06-08-2009, 04:12 AM.
      1 of 135 - Brilliant Red for 1991 Production!:o
      1967 - Pontiac Firebird Convert.
      2006 - VW Jetta TDI - 50 mpg!
      2006 - Mercedes 320 CDI
      2006 - Maserati GranSport LE Rosso Modiale (New King Of the Garage)

Comment

like the 91 white one as well!
        1 of 135 - Brilliant Red for 1991 Production!:o
        1967 - Pontiac Firebird Convert.
        2006 - VW Jetta TDI - 50 mpg!
        2006 - Mercedes 320 CDI
        2006 - Maserati GranSport LE Rosso Modiale (New King Of the Garage)

Comment

what would be a fair price for it?

Comment

Originally posted by RickyN F355 View Post
            what would be a fair price for it?
            With the mileage, the upgrades, the pedigree of BMWCCA enthusiast ownership, the fact of single ownership with full documentation, and the year, I think anything between $21K and the asking price is fair, quite honestly.

As always, the devil is in the details:

Original paint or oversprayed? Condition of paint?
            Body panels all original VIN's? Condition of panels?
            Any rust ... anywhere?
            Service records ... well mainained ... fluids changed early and often?
            Recent mechanical maintenance ... parts / Inspection I / other things?
            Clear title?
            Accident history?
            SMOG?
            Condition of the interior ... especially leather bolsters and dashboard and carpets?

If yes to all the above ... I think the range is fine ... even with the current economy.

I'm noticing the roll-bar cage ... has she been tracked? ... what's that history (if any)?

Personally, I'm not feeling the wheels ... I'd rather bone stock or genuine BBS RS's, but that's a nit, really ... it all depends on what you want from the car. Show or go.

It looks very much like a car you could enjoy on weekends, but not be guilty about putting miles on her as you would with a much lower-mileaged example.

I have one almost exactly like this one ... a '90 Brilliantrot over tan with 70+K miles on her, very well done up (nicer upgrades). She's a delight to drive on the weekends ... and I purchased her for just about this price (+/- $1K) about a year ago. To this day, I believe she was very well-bought. I've gotten $24K's worth of giggles out of her already!

Eric is a good guy ... he gets a lot of shit here, on this forum in particular, about his prices (maybe rightfully so when he was firm on pricing during the downturn) ... but he's a stand-up guy who, in my experience, stands behind the cars he sells.

My two cents.

Mr. Hayes
            Last edited by hayesMpower; 06-08-2009, 05:43 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Personally, I don't think the asking price is that outrageous considering the low mileage, comprehensive history, seemingly clean interior/exterior. If a VIN check comes back clean, and it's all original panels, maybe you'd be able to negotiate $1-2,000 off the price.

I do not agree with the above statement that those prices are out of whack.

-Chris

EDIT: Mr. Hayes posted a far more concise, comprehensive, and informative post while I was writing!
              Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

list of mods ok? any red flags?

Comment

Sounds decent. I do believe the car has been tracked based on the accessories. The roll bar and bbs wheels that are on car are typical of track setup. Those wheels are not pretty but they are light. It would be easy to contact the original owner and verify. Other than that, seems reasonable if truly as clean as it looks and well maintained. Not a garage queen but a nice driver.
                  88M3 henna

73T100C
                  97 540\6-Gone
                  2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

list of mods ok? any red flags?
                    Mod list is fine.
                    I would have the records checked to see if there was an oil pan baffle installed. Even more important since there is a chance the car was tracked previously.

-Chris
                    Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

does anyone know the previous owners, are? i tried contacting the President of the Hoosier BMWCCA Chapter but never got a response back.

Comment

does anyone know the previous owners, are? i tried contacting the President of the Hoosier BMWCCA Chapter but never got a response back.
                        Why not just call Eric at Enthusiast?

I'm sure he'd be willing to share, given his proactive advertisement of the fact / history.

You're going to have to engage him full on, anyways, if you're serious ... better to start that bonding process now, IMHO. :ha::ha:

Mr. Hayes
                        Last edited by hayesMpower; 06-08-2009, 06:29 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

i bought it!
                          cant wait till it gets here. the guys at enthusiast were a class act.

Comment

i bought it!
                            cant wait till it gets here. the guys at enthusiast were a class act.
                            Welcome to the cult. May all your preconceived notions of adequate horsepower be blown away by this car.

Comment

Originally posted by OnrailsM3 View Post
                              Welcome to the cult. May all your preconceived notions of adequate horsepower be blown away by this car.
                              ha ha....nice.

Good for you Ricky. that interior looked stout!Jakelove
                              JAMES
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X