• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I like stripes.

I vote for no stripes on black car.
    Pinto

Comment

Don't know where some peoples tastes are...... am thinking not far from their arses...hehe truly a waste of an Evo
      I agree the that the logo only really suits the white cars. But good to see there is some creativity still going round

AZ

"But most of all...
      ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

Here is a pic BTCC car?

Another

Last edited by petro; 10-31-2006, 06:19 PM.
        Petro

Comment

Did that yellow sport evo rims get painted yellow also or are those different rim. I hope not what a waste. Looks like a 17in wheel
          Drive it like you stole it!

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you - I have a lachssilber car and no motorsport-esque livery looks that great on it.

Therefore, I'm going to try and design my own. Shame I can't get my hands on a 3DStudio .max of an E30 M3 to work with. I could do some super high-res renders.

Here's a livery I did for my rFactor team earlier this year:

Sorry for the O/T.
            www.ubertechnik.com

Comment

13 stars on the car, by the way.
              www.ubertechnik.com

Comment

I'm going to do this with my convertible but because my car is Grey, I'm going to do the strips in black, grey and silver......Not necessarily in that order!
                Wanted, Plastic E36 M3 cam cover from the USA

Comment

Originally posted by BrettMWilliams
                  Before I can paint these M-Stripes on my car I need to know the actual M color codes. Does anyone happen to know what these are? I would hate to do non-M colors. Thanks a lot.

-Brett
                  Pantone:
                  Blue -- Pantone Process Blue
                  Purple -- Pantone 268
                  Red -- Pantone Warm Red

Paint:
                  blue violett GLASURIT-BMW 4000
                  light blue GLASURIT-BMW 5002
                  red GLASURIT-BMW 353

RGB:
                  Blue -- 0 138 201 (Hex: 008AC9)
                  Purple -- 43 17 90 (Hex: 2B115A)
                  Red -- 241 26 34 (Hex: F11A22)

I got that from bimmerforums so I am not sure if that is correct but hopefully that will help

Here
                  and here

- Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Mick

I'm not even sure I like my E34 M5 wheels on my car. The centers are painted black and because the body of the car is not quite black it creates an odd contrast to my eye. It's like the black wheels make the rest of the car seem dull and muted in comparison. > Sorry to rant here.

Put some throwing star covers on them, you'll fall in love with them again.

If not, I might take them for a good price.....

As for stripes on black, how about the German flag? Yellow/Red/Black..

Comment

Re: M Stripes on Black M3?

Originally posted by JustinC
                      Has anybody ever seen or thought of putting M/// on a non white M3. I was playing with Photoshop with some pics of my car and of others and came up with the pics below. Has anybody though of doing some other iteration of M stripes or flags on the non white M3?
                      I have the ///M colors as pinstripes on my car. I'll try to find a close up shot but you may be able to see them from the pictures in my gallery. HTH

Rey
                      "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Promised Photos

Here are the other photo ideas I referred to the other day :

- Daniel

Comment

I'd stick to monochrome tones on anything other then white. White/black/silver
                          on silver cars, and medium grey/charcoal/dark grey on a Diamond car. You can
                          do 3 stripes of 1 color (which will work), but is boring. However, you may want to
                          match the accent colors of your wheels in vinyl.

Vinyl hazards: it collects dirt under it, collects water and can inspire rust, the glue
                          becomes brittle and hard to remove, improper peeling may cause paint to come off (not too hot or too cold),
                          a very well waxed car won't hold stickers that well, if the car is not kept out of the
                          sun you will have casts in your paint (especially non-clearcoated cars), cheap vinyl
                          will develop cracks in 1-2 years (great vinyl 7-8), etc.

Always let a pro apply vinyl, but if you think you can do it... Make sure it's in a warm
                          place so the vinyl doesn't become brittle.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Sounds like you're recommended a paint shop to the livery.

Once we score a max scene I can start doing renders for people. I used to do it for the rFactor stuff all the time.

A few more shameless pics:

www.ubertechnik.com

Comment

Another alternative;
                              http://www.m3e30.se/bilder/lasarnasb...m3_1989_02.jpg

M3 E30, the real one...
                              Sport Evolution, the ultimate one!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
                                I'd stick to monochrome tones on anything other then white. White/black/silver
                                on silver cars, and medium grey/charcoal/dark grey on a Diamond car. You can
                                do 3 stripes of 1 color (which will work), but is boring. However, you may want to
                                match the accent colors of your wheels in vinyl.

Vinyl hazards: it collects dirt under it, collects water and can inspire rust, the glue
                                becomes brittle and hard to remove, improper peeling may cause paint to come off (not too hot or too cold),
                                a very well waxed car won't hold stickers that well, if the car is not kept out of the
                                sun you will have casts in your paint (especially non-clearcoated cars), cheap vinyl
                                will develop cracks in 1-2 years (great vinyl 7-8), etc.

Always let a pro apply vinyl, but if you think you can do it... Make sure it's in a warm
                                place so the vinyl doesn't become brittle.

I like your style, That was exactly what I was thinking because my car is Grey. I'm thinking medium grey/charcoal/dark grey would look ace.
                                You also say the vinyl will ruin the paint, but if I did go for strips.......They would be on for life!

Would I need new ones every 7 years then?
                                Wanted, Plastic E36 M3 cam cover from the USA

Comment

Working...
                                X