X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric
    looks like dog poo with those gold wheels, you should sell the wheels to me and make your car look better

sierously, you should try and make the stripes a little less transluscent to get a better idea of what they might look like in real life. I like the 1st pic better between the two.

also check www.E30M3therealM3.com for all kinds of pictures, their might be a black one with stripes already there

i want one of those 20 years m3 stickers, anyone help?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

Leave a comment:

• rich_w
    replied
    Its slightly ropey, given that the stripes are upside down :sosad: but I think they look best going along the swage line.

Leave a comment:

• rich_w
    replied
    Its slightly ropey, given that the stripes are upside down :sosad: but I think they look best going along the swage line.

Leave a comment:

• rich_w
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rich_w
    replied
    I think they look best going along the swage line.

Leave a comment:

• hardtailer
    replied
    an alternative?

Leave a comment:

• Steven
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnus
    I'd stick to monochrome tones on anything other then white. White/black/silver
    on silver cars, and medium grey/charcoal/dark grey on a Diamond car. You can
    do 3 stripes of 1 color (which will work), but is boring. However, you may want to
    match the accent colors of your wheels in vinyl.

Vinyl hazards: it collects dirt under it, collects water and can inspire rust, the glue
    becomes brittle and hard to remove, improper peeling may cause paint to come off (not too hot or too cold),
    a very well waxed car won't hold stickers that well, if the car is not kept out of the
    sun you will have casts in your paint (especially non-clearcoated cars), cheap vinyl
    will develop cracks in 1-2 years (great vinyl 7-8), etc.

Always let a pro apply vinyl, but if you think you can do it... Make sure it's in a warm
    place so the vinyl doesn't become brittle.

I like your style, That was exactly what I was thinking because my car is Grey. I'm thinking medium grey/charcoal/dark grey would look ace.
    You also say the vinyl will ruin the paint, but if I did go for strips.......They would be on for life!

Would I need new ones every 7 years then?

Leave a comment:

• Sonny, Sweden
    replied
    Another alternative;
    http://www.m3e30.se/bilder/lasarnasb...m3_1989_02.jpg

Leave a comment:

• OPTIMO
    replied
    Sounds like you're recommended a paint shop to the livery.

Once we score a max scene I can start doing renders for people. I used to do it for the rFactor stuff all the time.

A few more shameless pics:

Leave a comment:

• Magnus
    replied
    I'd stick to monochrome tones on anything other then white. White/black/silver
    on silver cars, and medium grey/charcoal/dark grey on a Diamond car. You can
    do 3 stripes of 1 color (which will work), but is boring. However, you may want to
    match the accent colors of your wheels in vinyl.

Vinyl hazards: it collects dirt under it, collects water and can inspire rust, the glue
    becomes brittle and hard to remove, improper peeling may cause paint to come off (not too hot or too cold),
    a very well waxed car won't hold stickers that well, if the car is not kept out of the
    sun you will have casts in your paint (especially non-clearcoated cars), cheap vinyl
    will develop cracks in 1-2 years (great vinyl 7-8), etc.

Always let a pro apply vinyl, but if you think you can do it... Make sure it's in a warm
    place so the vinyl doesn't become brittle.

Leave a comment:

• e30gabberwock
    replied
    Promised Photos

Here are the other photo ideas I referred to the other day :

- Daniel

Leave a comment:

• ///M0F01SD
    replied
    Re: M Stripes on Black M3?

Originally posted by JustinC
    Has anybody ever seen or thought of putting M/// on a non white M3. I was playing with Photoshop with some pics of my car and of others and came up with the pics below. Has anybody though of doing some other iteration of M stripes or flags on the non white M3?
    I have the ///M colors as pinstripes on my car. I'll try to find a close up shot but you may be able to see them from the pictures in my gallery. HTH

Rey

Leave a comment:

• OnrailsM3
    replied
    Originally posted by Mick

I'm not even sure I like my E34 M5 wheels on my car. The centers are painted black and because the body of the car is not quite black it creates an odd contrast to my eye. It's like the black wheels make the rest of the car seem dull and muted in comparison. > Sorry to rant here.

Put some throwing star covers on them, you'll fall in love with them again.

If not, I might take them for a good price.....

As for stripes on black, how about the German flag? Yellow/Red/Black..

Leave a comment:

• klpts
    replied
    Originally posted by BrettMWilliams
    Before I can paint these M-Stripes on my car I need to know the actual M color codes. Does anyone happen to know what these are? I would hate to do non-M colors. Thanks a lot.

-Brett
    Pantone:
    Blue -- Pantone Process Blue
    Purple -- Pantone 268
    Red -- Pantone Warm Red

Paint:
    blue violett GLASURIT-BMW 4000
    light blue GLASURIT-BMW 5002
    red GLASURIT-BMW 353

RGB:
    Blue -- 0 138 201 (Hex: 008AC9)
    Purple -- 43 17 90 (Hex: 2B115A)
    Red -- 241 26 34 (Hex: F11A22)

I got that from bimmerforums so I am not sure if that is correct but hopefully that will help

Here
    and here

Leave a comment:

• Steven
    replied
    I'm going to do this with my convertible but because my car is Grey, I'm going to do the strips in black, grey and silver......Not necessarily in that order!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X