No announcement yet.

Weird couple of days ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any "babe" that would "drool" over any car would likely be such a superficial high maintanence twit that I would prefer she just stay away regardless. Or go hop on the back of a Harley belonging to some similar dude in a mid-life crisis.

She might as well ask to see inside your wallet before she decides if you are worth "hanging" with......

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
      Any "babe" that would "drool" over any car would likely be such a superficial high maintanence twit that I would prefer she just stay away regardless. Or go hop on the back of a Harley belonging to some similar dude in a mid-life crisis.

She might as well ask to see inside your wallet before she decides if you are worth "hanging" with......
      Disposable. Just make sure to watch where you park after leaving them on the side of the road. Hookers are less hassle.
      Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post

so young... so angry... damn that rap music...

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

My goodness it is odd where these posts go sometimes.

Thanks Noro, wasn't entirely sure how to respond to that. I actually don't own my car for the praise or the drooling effect it has on others. I think a Red Vette would fit that bill a little better. I bought it because I like the M3 for what it is and was surprised at the recent amount of attention it is getting.

Back to the topic, I was thinking that the northwest U.S. has quite a large population of classic BMW's. The e30 Picnic draws a huge crowd every year, Our BMW CCA region is the second largest in the country, and in the area around where I live there seems to be many 2nd or 3rd cars that are older cars which are maintained very well. So part of the interest could be the location and people just appreciating a reasonable well maintained classic car.

Comment

I get alot of looks, and every now and then thumbs up or rock on or waves, but never stopped and talked to = ( I honestly think its due to my age
            @slowprogress

Comment

Its funny but I started a post on the E90 board about the difference between driving a 335 around and an E30 M3. No one even bats an eyelash at the 335, but I get honks, waves, thumbs up, and people rolling down the window to talk about the car when ever I take the M3 out. The best was 4 mechanics and the parts guy at the dealer hanging out next to the car talking about it when I came out from picking up some stuff. I even had some S2000 guys tell me they would happily trade me cars. It’s cool that I don’t get the “body kit 325/318” comments anymore. Don't have the "MILF" effect though. Quite the opposite. My wife (and mom of two) hates riding in the car.
              Last edited by sacM3; 07-01-2009, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JZM3 View Post
                I get alot of looks, and every now and then thumbs up or rock on or waves, but never stopped and talked to = ( I honestly think its due to my age
                Just like me, a guy on his mid-50's, no young'un on her right mind would care to trot over and start up a conversation.....only gearheads of the same mind would strike up a conversation.
                Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
                '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
                '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
                '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
                '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
                '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
                '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

Lately I have been surprised at all the attention my M3 has been getting too. Personally I like the "Q ship" approach to cars but mine being red and having a wing makes it hard to be stealthy. I love driving my 02 WRX wagon for the surprise factor tho. It's dyno'd at 300hp and frustrates many a ricer and diesel pickup truck wanker. :-)
                  There'll be Spandex jackets one for everyone ...

Comment

Happens from time to time here in NY but there are so many around here it's not that rare a car.

The best one from this summer so far is a guy in an E39 540 and a CCA sticker who proceeded to yell to me.

"Yeah brother, E30 is where it's at!"

Comment

The VW Boys here in NJ always stop and look when I drive by. They give me alot props. I think they know the car becuase of a specific shop close by that does nothing but motor swaps in our cars... :udone:

Comment

I've also noticed way more attention lately than in the first 10 years I owned my M3. Every drive I seem to get some pos feedback. As for most other BMW (non M) owners, I just assume they don't even know what an E30M3 is, they bought for status. If it wasn't for the kidney grills, they'd probably assume it's something out of the "fast and furious".

Comment

I was driving home late from town in the early hours of Sunday morning in my first ever M3 and as the roads were a little quiet and eary I wasn't in any mood to hang about. There was a police car coming in the opposite direction and I just knew he would turn round and give chase. Looking in the mirror, on come his brake lights and sure enough, he turned round. I slowed a little more and kept to just over the speed limit when he pulled right up behind me and flashed his blues at me to pull over.

I got out the car and he walked upto me and said.. "Don't worry, you havn't done anything wrong, I just wanted to take a close look at one of these! Awesome car!" After chatting about the car for about 15 minutes, he said, "Ok mate, on your way, but although I know the roads are quiet, keep your speed down "

Nice! lol.
                          E30 M3 Sport Evolution Black
                          E30 M3 Sport Evolution Red
                          E30 M3 Evo II Red
                          E30 M3 Evo II Blue
                          E30 M3 195hp Black
                          E30 318 is White
                          E30 318 is Red

Comment

Nicest one was one month ago in a 100kmh zone to the nurburgring I was driving behind a car in a construction zone noticing a car on the left lane that had free space in front but did not pass. When I looked over all I saw was a 5 or 3 series (didnt realise) but with camouflage (prototype).
                            The test driver pointed to the car -- gave me thumbs up -> and floored it. Man I had such a big grin on my face and was so proud on my old box on wheels like a little kid .

Comment

I remember like a day after I bought my M3, I saw an Audi S4 in the distance of my rear view mirror weaving in and out of cars to catch up. He finally gets up next to me and signals to roll down the window and offers to buy my car. And by no means is my car "clean." For an M3, my car looks like CRAP. And with the kids in the windows, I've seen plenty of 6 y/o boys with their face on the glass staring at the car... What can I say? They've got good taste.

Comment

i drive my car to work probably once a week, a couple weeks ago i came back to my M and found a note asking if was willing to sell. I called the guy and kindly declined :-) i did offer my E23 though, haha. In the last year or so, i've had one guy stop me at a light and roll down the window to give me props, he was in an E46 M3 and the same for a fellow in an E39 540i. right now i have a "waiting list" for about 4 people who have dibs on my car come the day i sell...which i hope won't be for a looong time.
                                | 1968 280SL | 1989 M3 | 1993 M5 | 2001 740i Sport | 2003 X5 4.6is | 2007 328Xi Touring |

Comment

Working...
                                X