Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 M3 S14 delivery bhp ,chassis number specific?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 M3 S14 delivery bhp ,chassis number specific?

Hi All,
    How can I find out what BHP my E30 M3 was supplied with from new .I dont know if my car is 195 or 200 or 215 and if it was supplied with a catalytic conv or not when new .My E30 M is a Euro spec M3 supplied new by bmw Japan and first registered in July 1989 , a search on realoem.com puts the production month as febuary 1988 so I was thinking it would be 200bhp giving that Japan didnt require catalytic converters on cars back then but when I was searching cylinder head part numbers it showed up cylinder head p/n for national version Japan as 11121309891 which i was thinking may be a 215bhp head .Anyways is there anyway I can find out definite info on my engines delivery spec bhp using solely the VIN without getting part numbers off of the cars components .If anyone has access to the info the last 7 digits of my VIN are 1893765.
    Cheers ,
    BBSRS.

If all else fails you can always contact BMW Mobile Tradition....they might share that information with you. I have always found them to be very helpful.

John

Comment

What is the 4-8th letter of your VIN number. Be something like AK03 or AK05. Then compare to:

AK01: European-spec without catalyst (200 hp), 03/86 through 08/89
      AK05: European-spec with catalyst (215 hp), 04/89 through 12/90 includes Cecotto + Ravaglia
      AK01: European-spec Evolution I without catalyst (200 hp), 02/87 through 05/87
      AK01: European-spec Evolution II without catalyst (220 hp), 03/88 through 06/88
      AK07: European-spec Sport Evolution with catalyst (238 hp), 12/89 through 03/90
      AK03: North American-spec with catalyst (192 hp), 03/87 through 12/90
      AK05: European-spec with catalyst (195 hp), 05/86 through 05/89 includes Europa Meister 88

Hope that helps. [peace]
      SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by rich_w View Post
        What is the 4-8th letter of your VIN number. Be something like AK03 or AK05. Then compare to:

AK01: European-spec without catalyst (200 hp), 03/86 through 08/89
        AK05: European-spec with catalyst (215 hp), 04/89 through 12/90 includes Cecotto + Ravaglia
        AK01: European-spec Evolution II without catalyst (220 hp), 03/88 through 06/88
        AK07: European-spec Sport Evolution with catalyst (238 hp), 12/89 through 03/90
        AK03: North American-spec with catalyst (192 hp), 03/87 through 12/90
        AK05: European-spec with catalyst (195 hp), 05/86 through 05/89 includes Europa Meister 88

Hope that helps. [peace]
        cool thanks.

A special thank you to:
        archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

That's a great VIN ID Table! So, it brings up a couple of questions:

1. Why is there a difference from 195HP to 192HP on Cat-Equipped Euro vs. US Versions, respectively?

2. If a US car has the Cat removed (and many have been), does that mean there will be an immediate increase of around 5 HP?

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post
            That's a great VIN ID Table! So, it brings up a couple of questions:

1. Why is there a difference from 195HP to 192HP on Cat-Equipped Euro vs. US Versions, respectively?

2. If a US car has the Cat removed (and many have been), does that mean there will be an immediate increase of around 5 HP?

1, US Hp and English Hp are not exactly the same. 1English Hp> 1 US HP.
            2, That would depend on the individual engine.
            One engine may be more powerful than the next one on the line.

m

Comment

Good info on the 4th to 8th vin components rich w i'm still stuck though because my car was first registered in japan 07/89 but realoem website puts production date at 04/88 ( 13 months from production to sale seems excessive ) so I'm not sure which AK05 category it fits into although i'd guess cat equipped 195bhp earlier eventhough from a tuning starting point i wish it was the later Ak05 category.I'll drop BMW Mobile tradition an email and see what they say .
              Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

Also if you're willing to pull the control unit, the Bosche DME number should be 0261.200.071 for the 195/200hp cars and 0261.200.091 for the 215 hp cars.
                Terrance

Comment

What were the main difference in the HP output between these two "Models"? besides the catalyst wich should restrict the performance a bit?!
                  Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

IIRC the EVOII had cams, pistons, lightened flywheel, reprogrammed DME and perhaps a few other things that were different from the 200hp models.
                    Terrance

Comment

I'll have a look at the ECU part number Terrance .
                      Cheers.

Comment

you won't even feel the difference when removing the cat, trust me on this.
                        That's a Dyno exercise to print a nicer sheet to stick in the side window on the next car meet.

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

The Ecu p/n ends in 071 and it says ece/kat on the box too so i have a 195bhp kat equipped E30 M3 in zinnobar red produced in april 1988.How would we find out anything without websites like S14.net and its members.
                          Thanks all, now I have to find some 48mm T/B's ,some nice cams, a decat pipe ,alpha n and carbon airbox, evo 3 bottom end and do some major head work and about 6k to finance it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

no recession in cork boy!!! gud luck with the upgrades.
                            EVO II

Comment

Originally posted by bbsrs View Post
                              The Ecu p/n ends in 071 and it says ece/kat on the box too so i have a 195bhp kat equipped E30 M3 in zinnobar red produced in april 1988.How would we find out anything without websites like S14.net and its members.
                              Thanks all, now I have to find some 48mm T/B's ,some nice cams, a decat pipe ,alpha n and carbon airbox, evo 3 bottom end and do some major head work and about 6k to finance it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              6K 'aint gonna get all that done...
                              Christopher

www.brmmotorsports.com

Comment

Working...
                              X