Do stock evo rotors actually have different part#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do stock evo rotors actually have different part#

then regular stock? my mechanic said the stock rotors for the e30 m3 look like they are the EVO ones, does that make sense?

No. The Evo parts superceeded the stock part number a number of years ago. Cheaper for BMW to make one set of rotors than to do multliple sets.

Comment

cool, so the regular stock ones are the evos. thnx

Comment

Originally posted by RickyN F355 View Post
        cool, so the regular stock ones are the evos. thnx
        Yes, but only if you buy the BMW factory parts. The OEM parts (Balo and Zimmerman) have the same part number but are not the same and apparently don't last as long under track conditions.
        Dominic

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic View Post
          Yes, but only if you buy the BMW factory parts. The OEM parts (Balo and Zimmerman) have the same part number but are not the same and apparently don't last as long under track conditions.
          thats seems crazy, how do they get away with having the same part numbers. thnx for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by RickyN F355 View Post
            thats seems crazy, how do they get away with having the same part numbers. thnx for the heads up!
            I guess it's because as Bruce pointed out above, there is only one valid BMW part number now for E30 M3 brake rotors, so that's what they use...
            Dominic

Comment

I have had no issues with balo or zimmerman rotors lasting a resaaonable amount of time at the track - I had one set of Zimmermans last me 5 race weekends, using Hawk Blues.
              sigpic
              2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion
              2011, 2013 SCCA Runoffs Super Touring Under 3.0L Bronze Medalist
              2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year
              2012 SCCA Northeast Divisional STU Champion
              2015 SCCA Runoffs STU Polesitter

Comment

This topic has been covered already.

Unless you order from BMW directly, you are likely to receive a normal-generation rotor blank. Yes, this is a case where OEM draws on existing patterns.

Comment

Working...
                X