Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever see Lachssilber with beige or natur interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever see Lachssilber with beige or natur interior?

It's my understanding that BMW never made this color combo but I've seen 2 cars with it. I think they're swaps but just wanted to ask.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Another rare one is red on gray.

Comment

I want to say that it must be just rare, There was a gent selling one locally and the car was all stock.
      @slowprogress

Comment

It might not have been a recommended combo, but it doesn't mean it wasn't made.

I bought a 98 M roadster and only wanted it if I could get Estroil Blue with the grey/black interior. Wasn't listed as available, but if you ask nicely.... Only a few were made with that combo.

Comment

I've special ordered custom combinations for customers before, GM's don't like to do it because you technically can't contract a car that isn't available nor can the dealership cash a deposit for a car that is months from the showroom... It is possible that some cars were made with combos that would be classified as "back of book..." a sales risk, if the customer falls out the dealer has to sell a car with a combo most people won't touch... Usually at or below invoice. It's actually pretty funny...

With Porsches they are almost all custom ordered, a few are "donated" by PCNA in weird combos like teal / chocolate interior C4S, ends up a 300 day unit... we'd turn up the ether and sell a dream for a flat bonus
          Last edited by ///schwartzman; 07-10-2009, 05:52 PM.
          Rich!

Comment

Working...
          X