H&R sport question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&R sport question

Just threw some H&R Sports with Koni SAs in all around and had a question on the rear fitment. Sitting relatively level, the rear (L&R) middle coils are virtually touching each other with the only non compressed sections being the extreme upper and lower coils. Is this normal? Ride seems fine otherwise.

81 Ur Quattro
    87 911 M491 Cab
    89 M3
    89 944 T

What can I say,
    I love wide fenders!

Yes this is normal. Under normal loads these coils will actually bind.
    88 M3
    91 M5
    90 325is

Comment

Thanks, looked a bit counterintuitive to me. Seems they could have saved on a coil or 2 versus having the middle 4 all sit on each other. I'd think they are binding now witht the only free playing being the top and bottom inch.

81 Ur Quattro
      87 911 M491 Cab
      89 M3
      89 944 T

What can I say,
      I love wide fenders!

Comment

My H&R Sports on my '72 2002tii are the same way...always worried me they weren't right. Now I feel better. The car handles like it's on rails with those springs, beefier sways, and Bilstein Sports...not the smoothest riding car, but it's tight and fun to drive.

John

Originally posted by 1st Roundel View Post
        Thanks, looked a bit counterintuitive to me. Seems they could have saved on a coil or 2 versus having the middle 4 all sit on each other. I'd think they are binding now witht the only free playing being the top and bottom inch.

Comment

Working...
        X