Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Looking for some fuse #9 help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for some fuse #9 help

    So the white M I did an engine swap is still giving me some difficulty. I've tested the ECU, MAF, TPS, Coolant sensor and O2 all are working fine yet Fuse 9 is popping and coolant is not getting to 180 degree operating temp so I'm replacing the thermostat. But what does #9 do?

    I have great pressure and the car is running Rich.
    Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.


  • #2
    #9 is a 15amp fuse for the Idle Speed Control (according to the Koala Manual)

    Comment


    • #3
      So it controls the IDC odd cause the car runs great at idle it's only when pulling away from a stoplight or a semi partial throttle.

      I will take a look at the ICV and the wiring for it.
      Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

      Comment


      • #4
        sell it to me, that will solve your fuse problem[peace]

        Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
        they are not idiots.

        Comment


        • #5
          Greg,
          what year? My BMW schematic for my 89 show fuse #9 for evap purge relay and diagnostic connector.

          81 Ur Quattro
          87 911 M491 Cab
          89 M3
          89 944 T

          What can I say,
          I love wide fenders!

          Comment


          • #6
            Evap purge relay is furthest out board of 3 relays on bulkhead behind the coolant resevoir tank. It has a built in resistor so you can swap with another for fuse testing but will need a dedicated unit for long term replacement.

            81 Ur Quattro
            87 911 M491 Cab
            89 M3
            89 944 T

            What can I say,
            I love wide fenders!

            Comment


            • #7
              Mike it's an 88 model. I was wondering about the Evap system being overloaded but now that is something to look at as well.
              Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                So the white M I did an engine swap is still giving me some difficulty. I've tested the ECU, MAF, TPS, Coolant sensor and O2 all are working fine yet Fuse 9 is popping and coolant is not getting to 180 degree operating temp so I'm replacing the thermostat. But what does #9 do?

                I have great pressure and the car is running Rich.
                Buy my fuse decal so you don't have to ask what those fuses are for

                Comment


                • #9
                  Bing if you look at your decal it states only one function Fuel Electronics.
                  Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                    Bing if you look at your decal it states only one function Fuel Electronics.

                    Ooops.
                    Lawrence

                    BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
                    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
                    '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
                    '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
                    '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
                    '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
                    '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What motor swap is it and hard wired or plug and plaY? Idle speed & pump are fuel electronics.
                      Last edited by BingM3; 08-01-2009, 03:55 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I put a 2.3L s14 back in it. It only had a 2.5L lower end in it that had some damage so that's the winter project if I get a spare head.

                        I put a EU wiring harness in it due to the remnants of the factory harness was butchered for MegaSquirt.
                        Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          I put a 2.3L s14 back in it. It only had a 2.5L lower end in it that had some damage so that's the winter project if I get a spare head.

                          I put a EU wiring harness in it due to the remnants of the factory harness was butchered for MegaSquirt.
                          Check this link:

                          http://shark.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e30/e30m3_88.pdf

                          Suggestion:

                          Check for any corrosion on leads, wires (anything fuse 9 related) , usually bad ground causes fuses to trip. If you have patience trial and error each item

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm working on page 13-750 but it's slightly confusing. Next is checking the ICV and going over the evap purge setup again.
                            Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Greg,
                              1364-6 is the sheet for fuse #9. Pretty staright forward to track if you have short to ground or a bad relay in the circuit. I'm bad @ electronics but it seems ICV control comes off the ECU versus a single fuse?


                              Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                              I'm working on page 13-750 but it's slightly confusing. Next is checking the ICV and going over the evap purge setup again.

                              81 Ur Quattro
                              87 911 M491 Cab
                              89 M3
                              89 944 T

                              What can I say,
                              I love wide fenders!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X