Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Looking for some fuse #9 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some fuse #9 help

So the white M I did an engine swap is still giving me some difficulty. I've tested the ECU, MAF, TPS, Coolant sensor and O2 all are working fine yet Fuse 9 is popping and coolant is not getting to 180 degree operating temp so I'm replacing the thermostat. But what does #9 do?

I have great pressure and the car is running Rich.
    Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

#9 is a 15amp fuse for the Idle Speed Control (according to the Koala Manual)

Comment

So it controls the IDC odd cause the car runs great at idle it's only when pulling away from a stoplight or a semi partial throttle.

I will take a look at the ICV and the wiring for it.

Comment

sell it to me, that will solve your fuse problem[peace]

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
        they are not idiots.

Comment

Greg,
          what year? My BMW schematic for my 89 show fuse #9 for evap purge relay and diagnostic connector.

81 Ur Quattro
          87 911 M491 Cab
          89 M3
          89 944 T

What can I say,
          I love wide fenders!

Comment

Evap purge relay is furthest out board of 3 relays on bulkhead behind the coolant resevoir tank. It has a built in resistor so you can swap with another for fuse testing but will need a dedicated unit for long term replacement.

81 Ur Quattro
            87 911 M491 Cab
            89 M3
            89 944 T

What can I say,
            I love wide fenders!

Comment

Mike it's an 88 model. I was wondering about the Evap system being overloaded but now that is something to look at as well.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                So the white M I did an engine swap is still giving me some difficulty. I've tested the ECU, MAF, TPS, Coolant sensor and O2 all are working fine yet Fuse 9 is popping and coolant is not getting to 180 degree operating temp so I'm replacing the thermostat. But what does #9 do?

I have great pressure and the car is running Rich.
                Buy my fuse decal so you don't have to ask what those fuses are for

Comment

Bing if you look at your decal it states only one function Fuel Electronics.

Comment

Bing if you look at your decal it states only one function Fuel Electronics.

Ooops.
                    Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
                    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
                    '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
                    '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
                    '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
                    '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
                    '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

What motor swap is it and hard wired or plug and plaY? Idle speed & pump are fuel electronics.
                      Last edited by BingM3; 08-01-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I put a 2.3L s14 back in it. It only had a 2.5L lower end in it that had some damage so that's the winter project if I get a spare head.

I put a EU wiring harness in it due to the remnants of the factory harness was butchered for MegaSquirt.

Comment

I put a 2.3L s14 back in it. It only had a 2.5L lower end in it that had some damage so that's the winter project if I get a spare head.

I put a EU wiring harness in it due to the remnants of the factory harness was butchered for MegaSquirt.
                          Check this link:

http://shark.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e30/e30m3_88.pdf

Suggestion:

Check for any corrosion on leads, wires (anything fuse 9 related) , usually bad ground causes fuses to trip. If you have patience trial and error each item

Comment

I'm working on page 13-750 but it's slightly confusing. Next is checking the ICV and going over the evap purge setup again.

Comment

Greg,
                              1364-6 is the sheet for fuse #9. Pretty staright forward to track if you have short to ground or a bad relay in the circuit. I'm bad @ electronics but it seems ICV control comes off the ECU versus a single fuse?

I'm working on page 13-750 but it's slightly confusing. Next is checking the ICV and going over the evap purge setup again.

81 Ur Quattro
                              87 911 M491 Cab
                              89 M3
                              89 944 T

What can I say,
                              I love wide fenders!

Comment

Working...
                              X