Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Weird Rattle from Rear Pass Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Rattle from Rear Pass Side

I thought I would post this before I go digging for the culprit.

I have this rattle (like something is loose) noise coming from the rear passenger side, right under the rear window.

I had my wife drive while I sat in the back to locate the noise (yes, the wife drives stick and she is very good too[peace]).

What the hell could be causing this noise. It actually sounds like something is loose between the door panel in the rear and the quarter panel.

Anyone ever experience this?

TIA
    Cash

Never checked in the M3 but my ol e30 3er just had a dinner-plate-sized piece of sound deadening tar stuck on the inside of the quarter.

never experienced the stuff flapping about but seems possible.

Comment

I know I have a rattle and its coming from my rear pass. side panel, the metal clip bounces on the quarter panel. Or if its more of a squeak check your rear shock tower mount, my rubber has gotten used up and makes a whiny squeak.
      @slowprogress

Comment

Might want to check the pipe from the gas filler to the tank and the passenger rear shock mount.
        Last edited by mtony; 08-20-2009, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Mtony,

I already checked the rear shock tower mount and it is secure. I will tend to the problem over the weekend. It is probably something minor. It's just annoying.

Comment

Working...
          X