Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 318is Carpet query

Hi Guys,

I had a search through some old posts, but couldn't find what I was looking for. The carpet in my E30 M3 was knackered, so I removed it and treated some surface corrosion on the floorplan whilst I was there.

Sourcing another carpet proved difficult, so in the end I bought a carpet from Germany. It is not new, and has come from an unknown E30 LHD. I searched www.realoem.com for the part numbers of E30 M3 carpets, and they are shared by lots of models within the E30 range, such as the 325 etc..

My old carpet had a thick foam backing on the underside, my new one does not. It is literally just the carpet with no foam whatsoever. They appear to be exactly the same shape, and with the same cutouts etc so that is good.

My question is guys, will this fit okay even though it does not have the foam backing? I am aware that there are several protusions from the transmission tunnel etc, will these be noticable once the carpet is fitted? I really don't want to have to re route wires etc unless it's an absolute must.

I still have my old one, so could cut parts of it up if neccessary. Sorry if this has been covered before guys, I did have a couple of searches.

Thanks in advance,

Ollie

is it the same texture? Up to 83 I believe the E30 had a different carpet than later models. Also the M3 has a specific color namely anthracite which was not available on the normal E30 (Schiefer, i.e. slate only comes close).

Comment

I have heard some of the 318iS guys talking about having lightweight carpet.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
      85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
      91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Originally posted by hardtailer View Post
        is it the same texture? Up to 83 I believe the E30 had a different carpet than later models. Also the M3 has a specific color namely anthracite which was not available on the normal E30 (Schiefer, i.e. slate only comes close).
        Hi mate,

Yes the texture is the same, as is the colour. It is just alot thinner without the foam padding.

Ollie

Comment

Working...
        X