Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"M3" Badge on Trunk Lid

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "M3" Badge on Trunk Lid

    I removed mine to facilitate buffing the paint on the trunk lid.....

    Any recommended adhesive for putting it back on? If I order a new one, does it come with adhesive?

    Mine is slightly faded, and I am on the fence between putting it back on and ordering a new one.

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Use 3M double stick tape and try this

    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1285316

    Comment


    • #3
      Once you are ready to reinstall the ///M3 emblem be sure to place it in the correct position.....one thing that really bugs me is when I see boot emblems in the wrong position...ruins an otherwise perfect "rear end" :-)

      The manual shows the exact dimensions (per factory spec)...I'd try to get it as close as possible if I were you.

      If you don't have this spec let me know, and I'll get it to you.

      Good luck,

      John

      Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
      I removed mine to facilitate buffing the paint on the trunk lid.....

      Any recommended adhesive for putting it back on? If I order a new one, does it come with adhesive?

      Mine is slightly faded, and I am on the fence between putting it back on and ordering a new one.

      Thanks!

      Comment


      • #4
        Rear emblem placement here

        +1 on the 3M double sided tape

        HTH
        1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
        1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
        1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

        Comment


        • #5
          If your emblem is really faded and it bothers you, replace it now. It's the perfect time. New emblems already have adhesive.

          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
          85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
          91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH


          Comment


          • #6
            Fit new and forget! be good...Ted

            Comment


            • #7
              Go new...thats my thinking.
              The E30 M3 Renewed ~ Rebuilt ~ Re-engineered

              www.ZeppieriMotorsport.com

              E30 M3 Rebuild Thread

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks James.....that and the other diagram is what I was speaking of.

                John

                Originally posted by L James View Post
                Rear emblem placement here

                +1 on the 3M double sided tape

                HTH

                Comment


                • #9
                  Don't bother refit. Get a new one, cost less than buying the 3M tape anyways!
                  1987 BMW M3 E30

                  S50B32 swap thread http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43515

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for the input guys......

                    I'm going "new"!:partay::fyeah:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Larsen-Racing View Post
                      Don't bother refit. Get a new one, cost less than buying the 3M tape anyways!
                      What??? Either you get ripped off with the 3M tape or you haven't been to the dealer asking how much a genuine M3 badge is.


                      Goodbye M3, you served me well.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I got mine from Bav Auto.....around 27 bux with tape.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Is that for the "///M" and the "3"? If so, that's cheap!

                          Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                          I got mine from Bav Auto.....around 27 bux with tape.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I just got my decklid repainted and the specs ITT really helped me with the placement of the M3 badge. Thanks guys.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You're welcome....it's the little things! :-)

                              John

                              Originally posted by K otiK M View Post
                              I just got my decklid repainted and the specs ITT really helped me with the placement of the M3 badge. Thanks guys.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X