Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpets now NLA?

Hi guys,

Just tried to order up a set of carpets (in either dark grey, black or silver) but ive been told they are no longer available. Does anyone know of any alternatives?

Cheers,

Warren

I just checked a couple of days ago (in the US) and was not problem on either piece in the gray (anthracite). Checked with 2 sources to confirm.
    Ryan M
    88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
    07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
    05 Outback XT

Comment

Hi Ryan do you have a number / email for your dealer?

Comment

http://www.getbmwparts.com/ - Tischer BMW

www.bimmer.com - Maximillian Importing Co. Smaller guy, good to deal with
        Max or Dave - 800-950-2002
        Last edited by Ryan M; 10-23-2009, 04:28 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling
        Ryan M
        88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
        07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
        05 Outback XT

Comment

Ryan or anybody else...did any of you take pics of the change of carpets in sequence? Amount of difficulty in the removal of the old and installation of the replacement? Cheers.
          Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
          '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
          '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
          '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
          '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
          '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
          '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

This is one I found on a quick search. I think there are other threads as well.

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...carpet+removal

HTH
            Darren
            -Darren

Comment

Whoops I think you wanted pics.
              -Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Das Boots View Post
                Ryan or anybody else...did any of you take pics of the change of carpets in sequence? Amount of difficulty in the removal of the old and installation of the replacement? Cheers.

I haven't done this yet. Just started getting prices and checking stock. Just ordered the headliner the other day and trying not to spend too much right now. The carpet wasn't cheap.
                Ryan M
                88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
                07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
                05 Outback XT

Comment

If you want to do it correctly, the entire dashboard and heating system needs to be removed.
                  Otherwise, you'll have to cut around the heater box to remove your old carpet, and cut the new carpet to "slide" around the heater assembly.

Outside of that, everything in the interior comes out. Seats, door sills, speaker covers in footwells, etc.
                  Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Just tried everywhere guys and the rear section/cover is no longer available in Anthrazite.
                    The main carpet is avilable though. Is this rear seat cover essential? I havent got my car nearby at the minute to check!

Comment

Rear section? Is it the read deck section you are talking about? So, no more Anthrazite, but Black is available?
                      Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
                      '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
                      '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
                      '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
                      '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
                      '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
                      '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

Yeah it is available in black. How noticeable is the difference? I might just bite the bullet and go for a black rear piece.

Comment

On a scale of 1 to 10 how scary is this job? Im going to do it properly so if its dash out so be it. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by fourmotion View Post
                            Just tried everywhere guys and the rear section/cover is no longer available in Anthrazite.
                            The main carpet is avilable though. Is this rear seat cover essential? I havent got my car nearby at the minute to check!
                            Yes, in my opinion it is.

Rear section? Is it the read deck section you are talking about? So, no more Anthrazite, but Black is available?
                            No, he is referring to the vertical panel that covers the floor directly under the front of the rear seat. He is not referring to the rear parcel shelf where the speakers are mounted.

Originally posted by fourmotion View Post
                            On a scale of 1 to 10 how scary is this job? Im going to do it properly so if its dash out so be it. :-)
                            If you've never done it before, you will want to get painters tape, and label every electrical connector/connection to ensure they go back to the right location.
                            It may also be wise to use a digital camera to photograph the routing of the wires as you go.

Also, as always it opens up a "While you're in there" situation.
                            I might suggest also replacing the following:
                            -Heater Box gasket against front cowel
                            -Heater Core
                            -Heater box gaskets against duct work under the dash
                            -All light bulbs behind the dashboard

Just take your time, and I'm sure it will be fine.

-Chris
                            Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Thanks Chris

LOL @ 'While your there situation' - Ive had enough of those with this car. May as well have one more for the road.
                              Last edited by fourmotion; 10-23-2009, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X