H&R Sport Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&R Sport Springs

Just installed H&R Sports from stock springs. Thanks BMWCAW (Thumbs Up). I measured a before and after height. The Fronts dropped just a little over a half-inch. The Rears dropped a little almost a inch. Are they going to continue to drop over time? What other methods can be done to make a significant drop as advertised? How much is a 'significant drop' for you guys?
    Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
    '20 X5M - Son DD
    '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
    '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Down Range truck
    '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
    '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

The sport springs only provide a mild drop. If you were looking for more, the race
    springs would probably be better.

Comment

I am satisfied for an inch drop since that was advertised by H&R. But barely a half inch is something else. Am I being naive here? I was told Race Springs are really a significant drop. However, ride comfort would be compromised.
      Lawrence

'20 X5M - Son DD
      '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD

Comment

I put H&R race springs on two weeks ago. The ride is only slightly harsher and doesn't bother me at all.

Comment

Btw, it took mine a couple of weeks to settle.

Comment

Originally posted by Das Boots View Post
            Just installed H&R Sports from stock springs. Thanks BMWCAW (Thumbs Up). I measured a before and after height. The Fronts dropped just a little over a half-inch. The Rears dropped a little almost a inch. Are they going to continue to drop over time? What other methods can be done to make a significant drop as advertised? How much is a 'significant drop' for you guys?
            Folks like me, Chutrain and NickM3 have all cut the springs front a full coil = inch and I have cut my rears about half of that to get the aggressive stance we all want, with no handling issues.

Comment

wait a couple weeks and see what happens.. if you'r enot satisfied get race springs or cut a coil

Comment

if you are not into track, racing circuit, just cut them...even if you wait a few weeks it would never give you the height you want.

Comment

post a pic of the drop.

Comment

replace the spring pads at the rear with thinner ones

Comment

thinner spring pads....cut a half or full coil out of your fronts

Comment

does anybody have any part number for the thinner spring pads for the rear? I left my top ones on but if I could find like a 3mm or 5mm instead of the 10 that there is now it would be alot better.
                        @slowprogress

Comment

Originally posted by JZM3 View Post
                          does anybody have any part number for the thinner spring pads for the rear? I left my top ones on but if I could find like a 3mm or 5mm instead of the 10 that there is now it would be alot better.
                          Never thought of the pads before replacement. But I already have an almost an inch drop on rears. It is the fronts that need further drop. Does removing the front top rubber pads help? Or would there be metal to metal rubbing? Cutting up a good set of coil springs is not my cup of green tea.....
                          Lawrence

'20 X5M - Son DD
                          '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD

Comment

^ removing the top pad takes away a nice amount of mm. I think mine were 10mm, I cut one coil off my brand new race springs and took the pad out. Some say there is noise due to the fact that you take off the pad but I don't see any difference with it there. If I were you I would start by removing the top pad and see if that's the drop you want.
                            @slowprogress

Comment

I have the sport. It will settle a little bit in 2weeks or so. But after a 2yrs I end up cutting 1 coil up front and removed all the pads front and rear, replaced it with inner tubes, just to avoid metal to metal contact.

Comment

Working...
                              X