Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chain problem on s14 engine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • chain problem on s14 engine

    hi i got an 88 m3 and my chain keeps fallin off i really need some help. any body got comment or mite know how to fix it please pm or call me at 951-531-7524
    Stewie

  • #2
    Originally posted by stewie30m3luvr View Post
    hi i got an 88 m3 and my chain keeps fallin off i really need some help. any body got comment or mite know how to fix it please pm or call me at 951-531-7524
    Huh?

    What chain? Your timing chain?

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a feeling it might be one of them rubber chains that loops around the thing with the metal blades on it, and also around this wheel with three bolts on it near the bottom of the engine, whose tension is adjusted using a geared rack and nut.

      Comment


      • #4
        Somebody sold you a bicycle with an M3 badge on it



        - Tire is the other control arm bushing.

        zhpregistry.net

        Comment


        • #5
          Phone number comes up for "Scrap Metal Collection" ad on Craigslist...

          Maybe someone turned in the ultra rare chain driven M3 for Cash for Clunkers? [peace]
          Chris L.

          Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by noro View Post
            Somebody sold you a bicycle with an M3 badge on it
            Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
            Phone number comes up for "Scrap Metal Collection" ad on Craigslist...

            Maybe someone turned in the ultra rare chain driven M3 for Cash for Clunkers? [peace]
            lol

            Originally posted by stewie30m3luvr View Post
            hi i got an 88 m3 and my chain keeps fallin off i really need some help. any body got comment or mite know how to fix it please pm or call me at 951-531-7524

            Hey dude, I believe you are talking about the timming chain tensioner (common issue).

            Search for theards...
            '88 Sep 03,87 Zinno/Natur 2.5L--the queen
            '90 White/Natur 2.3L---the weekend
            '14 GT-R Red/Black ohhh..yeah!!!
            '09 E82 135i Crimson Red/ Black w/M-Tech goodies--sold
            '94 11/93 AW III 525i M50/S50 cams/5 speed swap--sold
            '11 Nissan Rogue White/Gray
            '89 Wrangler 4.2L 4x4 5 speed
            '66 VW Beetle

            Comment


            • #7
              Now this guy has real chain problems.

              Jack
              Arlington, TN

              1990 BMW M3 - Diamantschwarz/Black

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bmws14m3 View Post
                Hey dude, I believe you are talking about the timming chain tensioner (common issue).

                Search for theards...
                Nah, that can't be it. If the timing chain came off just once the engine would be toast. I think either he speaks very poor english or is playin games with us.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Like FredK said, he probably means the alternator belt.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Chips, dips, chains and whips....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      try this:
                      http://www.kpg-industrial.com/products/belt_dressing/


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                        Nah, that can't be it. If the timing chain came off just once the engine would be toast. I think either he speaks very poor english or is playin games with us.

                        Maybe the falling he means is a sound.

                        If the fallin is from a belt

                        Alternator: try urethane bushings or solid ones
                        A/C compress: try new bushings
                        P/S pump: remove it
                        '88 Sep 03,87 Zinno/Natur 2.5L--the queen
                        '90 White/Natur 2.3L---the weekend
                        '14 GT-R Red/Black ohhh..yeah!!!
                        '09 E82 135i Crimson Red/ Black w/M-Tech goodies--sold
                        '94 11/93 AW III 525i M50/S50 cams/5 speed swap--sold
                        '11 Nissan Rogue White/Gray
                        '89 Wrangler 4.2L 4x4 5 speed
                        '66 VW Beetle

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          solid mounted alternator will ripp off the mount for the bolt on the front engine cover, possibly leaving a hole. Had this happen twice. I'd go for the white ones of the E28/M10 (or E12/M10) also available directly from BOSCH.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by hardtailer View Post
                            solid mounted alternator will ripp off the mount for the bolt on the front engine cover, possibly leaving a hole. Had this happen twice. I'd go for the white ones of the E28/M10 (or E12/M10) also available directly from BOSCH.

                            I'm gonna check that bolt on my car. I put a solid bushing alternator about 6 months ago.
                            '88 Sep 03,87 Zinno/Natur 2.5L--the queen
                            '90 White/Natur 2.3L---the weekend
                            '14 GT-R Red/Black ohhh..yeah!!!
                            '09 E82 135i Crimson Red/ Black w/M-Tech goodies--sold
                            '94 11/93 AW III 525i M50/S50 cams/5 speed swap--sold
                            '11 Nissan Rogue White/Gray
                            '89 Wrangler 4.2L 4x4 5 speed
                            '66 VW Beetle

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X